comp.programming

And here is important thing about a USL benchmark..

Ramine

3/27/2016 7:06:00 PM

Hello,

Hope you have read my previous post..

And here is important thing about a USL benchmark..

Read here:

https://www.vividcortex.com/blog/2015/11/13/capacity-planning...

And read about the benchmark:

https://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/benchmark:cisco:s...

And here is the server configuration:

https://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/benchmark:hardware:cisc...

As you have noticed this guy have used USL to predict
scalability, but i don't thing he is right, because
the performance data comes from also hyper-threading,
because the performance data goes up to 32 threads,
so because there is a mix of hyper-threads and threads,
so this have caused USL to not predict correctly the
peak scalability etc. because the regression
can not extract the right information in this scenario,
so you have for example to benchmark with up to 12 thread
to avoid hyper-threading.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

7 Answers

Richard Heathfield

On 27/03/16 20:06, Ramine wrote:

> Hope you have read my previous post..

Hands up, anyone who has?

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Melzzzzz

On 3/27/16 7:25 PM, Richard Heathfield wrote:
> On 27/03/16 20:06, Ramine wrote:
>>
>> Hope you have read my previous post..
>
> Hands up, anyone who has?

Ramine posts in comp.programming are filtered by my news server...

Ian Collins

On 03/29/16 03:55, Melzzzzz wrote:
> On 3/27/16 7:25 PM, Richard Heathfield wrote:
>> On 27/03/16 20:06, Ramine wrote:
>>>
>>> Hope you have read my previous post..
>>
>> Hands up, anyone who has?
>>
> Ramine posts in comp.programming are filtered by my news server...

They are probably filtered by most news servers!

--
Ian Collins

Melzzzzz

On 3/29/16 5:26 AM, Ian Collins wrote:
> On 03/29/16 03:55, Melzzzzz wrote:

>>> Hands up, anyone who has?
>>>
>> Ramine posts in comp.programming are filtered by my news server...
>
> They are probably filtered by most news servers!

I don't know why but his posts pass in comp.arch but not here and in
threads (on same server).

kenobi

W dniu czwartek, 31 marca 2016 16:18:17 UTC+2 uzytkownik Melzzzzz napisal:
> On 3/29/16 5:26 AM, Ian Collins wrote:

> >> Ramine posts in comp.programming are filtered by my news server...
> >
> > They are probably filtered by most news servers!
> >
> I don't know why but his posts pass in comp.arch but not here and in
> threads (on same server).

i click hide on each separate thread and can rest in peace,
though newcomers may be a bit scary i think

Melzzzzz

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:55:18 -0700 (PDT)
fir <profesor.fir@gmail.com> wrote:

> W dniu czwartek, 31 marca 2016 16:18:17 UTC+2 uzytkownik Melzzzzz
> napisal:

> > > They are probably filtered by most news servers!
> > >
> > I don't know why but his posts pass in comp.arch but not here and
> > in threads (on same server).
>
> i click hide on each separate thread and can rest in peace,
> though newcomers may be a bit scary i think

I don't click anything it seems that my news server thinks he is spam
bot ;)

Ian Collins

4/3/2016

0

On 04/01/16 06:04, Melzzzzz wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:55:18 -0700 (PDT)
> fir <profesor.fir@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> W dniu czwartek, 31 marca 2016 16:18:17 UTC+2 użytkownik Melzzzzz
>> napisaÅ?:

>>> I don't know why but his posts pass in comp.arch but not here and
>>> in threads (on same server).
>>
>> i click hide on each separate thread and can rest in peace,
>> though newcomers may be a bit scary i think
>
> I don't click anything it seems that my news server thinks he is spam
> bot ;)

news.individual.net agrees and blocks all of its posts.

--
Ian Collins