comp.programming

Mathematical modeling of the ecommerce websites

Ramine

3/12/2016 7:31:00 PM

Hello,

Here is my ecommerce websites methematical queuing theory
modeling that is good approximation:

A -> M/G/c database server queue -> M/M/1 Network queue -> M/M/1 Client -> A

The M in M/G/c means markovian distribution of the arrivals to the
M/G/c queue and the G in M/G/c is a general distribution of the the service.

A is the arrival rate to the network of queues.

M/G/c database server has an hyper-exponential service, i think
that to not get into simulation, since many ecommerce websites
have read-mostly workloads, the hyper-exponential service of the
M/G/c queue can be approximated with an M/M/n queue when the
writer and the delete transactions are less or equal to 30% of
the total transactions and the ecommerce website has read-mostly workloads.

And now i will give you the mathematical equations of the M/G/c
queue that has an hyper-exponential service that permit us to
model a database server, here they are:

The mean that is the the mean time of the service of each queue
of the M/G/c queue is:

M1 = p1/a + p2/b + p3/c [1]

and the second moment of each queue is:

M2 = 2*p1/a^2 + 2*p2/b^2 + 2*p3/c^2

and the variance of each queue is:

variance = M2 - M1^2

a , b and c are the service rates of the different transactions
such us read,write, delete.

and p1 , p2 and p3 are the percentage of the transactions.

And when you calculate and get M1 you will then calculate the
mean service time that is 1/M1 and you will plug it on your M/M/c
queue that is an approximation of the M/G/n queue of the database
server that has an hyper-exponential service on read-mostly workloads,
using the arrival rate.

So for the M/M/c queue we have that:

A good approximation of waiting time of the M/M/c queue is:

D = Phi^c / Mu*(1 - Phi^c) [2]

Phi: is the utilization
and Mu: is the the service rate in each queue.

Phi = U(Density of circulation) / c (number of servers in the M/M/c queue)

U = Lambda / Mu

Lambda is the arrival rate A to the M/M/c queue

and Mu is the service rate of each queue of the M/M/C queue.

And the response time of the M/M/c queue is:

R = D + 1/Mu

and the perceived throughput of the M/M/c queue that is Pt = 1/R

And the mean number of transactions on the system is:

Ns = Lamda*R

Lambda is the arrival rate to the M/M/c queue.

And the mean number of transactions on the M/M/c waiting queue is:

Nq = Lambda*D

So from the above equation [1] we get the service rate of each
queue of the M/M/c queue of the database server that is: 1/M1

so we plug that in equation [2] of the M/M/c queue, so we get:

D = Phi^c / ((1/M1)*(1 - Phi^c))

So we get the response time of the M/M/c that is:

R = D + 1/(1/M1) => R = D + M1.

For the other M/M/1 queues of the Network queue and the client queue
we have the following equation:

The waiting time of M/M/1 queue is:

D =Phi / (1- Phi)

and Phi = Lambda / Mu

Lambda is the arrival rate A

and Mu is the service rate of the M/M/1 queue.

And you have to not forget that in the M/M/1 Network queue
you have a protocol overhead that is approximatly equal to 20%
so you have to multiply the mean size of the files to be transferred on
the M/M/1 Network queue by 120% and calculate after that the service
rate of the M/M/1 Network queue. And you have to not forget about the
Knee of the M/M/c queue of the database server that is equal to 74% and
the Knees of the other M/M/1 queues that is equal to 50%.

So since the queues of the ecommerce website to be modeled are organized
in a serial manner, so the calculations are easy now, so i will let you
do the calculations easily now.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

4 Answers

jane

On Feb 12, 12:43 pm, Ron <roneal1...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 5:25 pm, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.
>

> Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> > Obama's secret rules for assassinating American citizens
> > just leaked
>
> > By Mike Riggs
> > Hit and Run Blog
> > Monday, February 4, 2013
>
> > For over a year now journalists, civil liberties
> > advocates, and members of Congress have been asking the
> > Obama administration to release internal memoranda from
> > the Office of Legal Counsel justifying Obama's targeted
> > killing program. While the White House continues to deny
> > that such memos exist, NBC is reporting that it has
> > acquired the next best thing: A secretish 16-page white
> > paper from the Department of Justice that was provided to
> > select members of the Senate last June.
>
> > Continues at:
>
> >http://www.sott.net/article/257775-Obamas-Secret-Rules-for-......
>
> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > Om Shanti
>
> Don't forget who initiated the practice of targeting US citizens
> deemed as dangerous.
>
> http://www.salon.com/2010/01/2...
>
> "After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the
> military, authority to KILL US CITIZENS abroad if strong evidence
> existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out
> terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests,
> military and intelligence officials said."
>
> You whine about Obama.  Howz' about criticism of Bush as well.

I DID complain about it. I also complained about Bush detaining an
American citizen, Ali al-Marri, with out due process because Bush
declared him as an enemy combatant.

The distinction with Bush is that the American pose an " imminent"
threat. A policeman can kill a person on the street if he points his
gun at an individual because the person with the gun posses an "
imminent" threat.

The Obama administration has adopted the same stance. BUT has not used
the word, "imminent". A senior Obama administration official said.
If a U.S. citizen joins al-Qaeda, "it doesn't really change anything
from the standpoint of whether we can target them. ... They are then
part of the enemy." - Washington ;post

Now, YOU are the one who mentioned Bush; are you saying that is OK for
Obama to have a "kill list" of Americans because of Bush?

Ron

On Feb 12, 12:07 pm, jane <jane.pla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 12:43 pm, Ron <roneal1...@att.net> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 11, 5:25 pm, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.
>
> > Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> > > Obama's secret rules for assassinating American citizens
> > > just leaked
>
> > > By Mike Riggs
> > > Hit and Run Blog
> > > Monday, February 4, 2013
>
> > > For over a year now journalists, civil liberties
> > > advocates, and members of Congress have been asking the
> > > Obama administration to release internal memoranda from
> > > the Office of Legal Counsel justifying Obama's targeted
> > > killing program. While the White House continues to deny
> > > that such memos exist, NBC is reporting that it has
> > > acquired the next best thing: A secretish 16-page white
> > > paper from the Department of Justice that was provided to
> > > select members of the Senate last June.
>
> > > Continues at:
>
> > >http://www.sott.net/article/257775-Obamas-Secret-Rules-for-.......
>
> > > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > > Om Shanti
>
> > Don't forget who initiated the practice of targeting US citizens
> > deemed as dangerous.
>
> >http://www.salon.com/2010/01/2...
>
> > "After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the
> > military, authority to KILL US CITIZENS abroad if strong evidence
> > existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out
> > terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests,
> > military and intelligence officials said."
>
> > You whine about Obama.  Howz' about criticism of Bush as well.
>
> I DID complain about it.  I also complained about Bush detaining an
> American citizen, Ali al-Marri, with out due process because Bush
> declared him  as an enemy combatant.
>
> The distinction with Bush is that the American pose an " imminent"
> threat.  A policeman can kill a person on the street if he points his
> gun at an individual because the person with the gun posses an "
> imminent" threat.
>
> The Obama administration has adopted the same stance. BUT has not used
> the word, "imminent".   A senior Obama administration official said.
> If a U.S. citizen joins al-Qaeda, "it doesn't really change anything
> from the standpoint of whether we can target them. ... They are then
> part of the enemy." - Washington ;post
>
> Now, YOU are the one who mentioned Bush; are you saying that is OK for
> Obama to have a "kill list" of Americans because of Bush?

"Now, YOU are the one who mentioned Bush; are you saying that is OK
for Obama to have a "kill list" of Americans because of Bush?"

Nope. I'm not saying it's OK. I'm saying Bush initiated the
practice, but you rake Obama over the coals for the same thing.

Howcum?

jane

On Feb 12, 1:31 pm, Ron <roneal1...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 12:07 pm, jane <jane.pla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 12, 12:43 pm, Ron <roneal1...@att.net> wrote:

> > > Don't forget who initiated the practice of targeting US citizens
> > > deemed as dangerous.
>
> > >http://www.salon.com/2010/01/2...
>
> > > "After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the
> > > military, authority to KILL US CITIZENS abroad if strong evidence
> > > existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out
> > > terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests,
> > > military and intelligence officials said."
>
> > > You whine about Obama.  Howz' about criticism of Bush as well.
>
> > I DID complain about it.  I also complained about Bush detaining an
> > American citizen, Ali al-Marri, with out due process because Bush
> > declared him  as an enemy combatant.
>
> > The distinction with Bush is that the American pose an " imminent"
> > threat.  A policeman can kill a person on the street if he points his
> > gun at an individual because the person with the gun posses an "
> > imminent" threat.
>
> > The Obama administration has adopted the same stance. BUT has not used
> > the word, "imminent".   A senior Obama administration official said.
> > If a U.S. citizen joins al-Qaeda, "it doesn't really change anything
> > from the standpoint of whether we can target them. ... They are then
> > part of the enemy." - Washington ;post
>
> > Now, YOU are the one who mentioned Bush; are you saying that is OK for
> > Obama to have a "kill list" of Americans because of Bush?
>
> "Now, YOU are the one who mentioned Bush; are you saying that is OK
> for Obama to have a "kill list" of Americans because of Bush?"
>
> Nope.  I'm not saying it's OK.  I'm saying Bush initiated the
> practice, but you rake Obama over the coals for the same thing.
>
> Howcum?

As I stated, I raked BOTH. I was opposed to Bush treating the guy
from Pioria Illinois as an enemy combatant and holding him without due
process. I do not believe that it is improper to kill an American if
there is "imminent" danger, just as it is ok for a police officer to
kill a citizen if there is imminent danger.

However, although Bush " initiated the practice", Obama EXPANDED the
practice by eliminating the word "imminent"

Spokane Social Club

On 2/12/2013 11:31 AM, Ron wrote:
> "Now, YOU are the one who mentioned Bush; are you saying that is OK
> for Obama to have a "kill list" of Americans because of Bush?"
>
> Nope. I'm not saying it's OK.

That took a lot of tries to get you to offer up...

> I'm saying Bush initiated the practice,

Not really, he gets waterboarding but the drone-kill-citizen act is all
Obama's.

> but you rake Obama over the coals for the same thing.
>
> Howcum?

Possibly because HE is in office and it is now HIS express policy?

Or is he just a Bush puppet?