comp.programming

My post about Ecommerce website mathematical modeling...

Ramine

3/4/2016 11:24:00 PM

Hello,

I have come as i have talked before to my post about Ecommerce website
modeling with mathematical queuing theory...

As you have noticed Sir/Madam that i am a programmer and as you
have noticed i have invented many Synchronization algorithms,
and i have implemented many parallel algorithms.. here they are:

https://sites.google.com/site...

But during all those years i have come to a conclusion that
the job of programming is not a sufficient condition to become more
professional, and i have come to a conclusion that Operations research
is a necessary requirement for me as a programmer, because mathematical
queuing theory and linear programming etc. in Operations research is a
requirement to be able to implement and model for example an Ecommerce
website and for a better QOS, this is why in this post i will show you
how to model a database server that has an hyper-exponential service, so
how can we use this M/G/1 queue that have an hyper-exponential service
to model mathematically an Ecommerce website, i think that to not get
into simulation, since many Ecommerce websites have read-mostly
workloads, the hyper-exponential queue that is an M/G/1 can be
approximated with an M/M/1 queue when the writer transaCtions are less
or equal to 30% of the total transaCtions and the Ecommerce website has
read-mostly workloads, and to not get into mathematical proofs i will
give you the mathematical equations of the M/G/1 queue that have an
hyper-exponential service that permit us to model a database server,
here they are:

The mean that is the the mean time of the service is:

M1 = p1/a + p2/b...

and the second moment is:

M2 = 2*p1/a^2 + 2*p2/b^2...

and the variance is:

variance = M2 - M1^2

a and b are the service rates of the different transactions such us
read,write delete...

and p1 and p2 are the percentage of the transactions.

and that's all:

So when you calculate and get M1 you will then calculate the mean
service time that is 1/M1 and you will plug this on your M/M/1 THAT
is an approximation the above case using the arrival rate and that's
all, and now you can model mathematically and easily your Ecommerce
website by simplifying a little bit the model by using queues that are
interconnected in a serial manner.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.