comp.programming

Parallel implementation of Conjugate Gradient Sparse Linear System Solver library was updated to version 1.32

Ramine

3/4/2016 2:42:00 AM

Hello.....

Parallel implementation of Conjugate Gradient Sparse Linear System
Solver library was updated to version 1.32

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-implementation-of-conjugate-gradient-sparse-linear-sys...

Read here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spa...

As you have noticed it says:

"When storing and manipulating sparse matrices on a computer, it is
beneficial and often necessary to use specialized algorithms and data
structures that take advantage of the sparse structure of the matrix.
Operations using standard dense-matrix structures and algorithms are
slow and inefficient when applied to large sparse matrices as processing
and memory are wasted on the zeroes. Sparse data is by nature more
easily compressed and thus require significantly less storage. Some very
large sparse matrices are infeasible to manipulate using standard
dense-matrix algorithms."

I have taken care of that on my new algorithm, i have used
my ParallelIntHashList datastructure to store the sparse matrices
of the linear systems so that it become very fast and so that it
doesn't waste on the zeros, in fact my new algorithm doesn't store the
zeros of the sparse matrix of the linear system.

I have also implemented another scalable parallel algorithm that is
cache-aware an NUMA-aware and that is scalable on NUMA architecture, and
that is designed for dense matrices that you find on Linear Equations
arising from Integral Equation Formulations, this one stores the zeros
of the sparse matrix of the linear system , here it is:

Scalable Parallel implementation of Conjugate Gradient Linear System
solver library that is NUMA-aware and cache-aware was updated to version
1.23

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scalable-parallel-implementation-of-conjugate-gradient-linear-system-solver-library-that-is-numa-aware-and-c...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.