comp.programming

Eight is the best

kenobi

12/31/2015 11:46:00 PM

Hallo,

here is my implementation of addition

2+2 = 8

thank YOu
Ram
6 Answers

JJ

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 15:46:05 -0800 (PST), fir wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> here is my implementation of addition
>
> 2+2 = 8
>
> thank YOu
> Ram

2 + 2 is 100.

I thought you're really are a professor.
But you're just profesor..., whatever that mean.

kenobi

W dniu piatek, 1 stycznia 2016 01:33:22 UTC+1 uzytkownik JJ napisal:
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 15:46:05 -0800 (PST), fir wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > here is my implementation of addition
> >
> > 2+2 = 8
> >
> > thank YOu
> > Ram
>
> 2 + 2 is 100.
>
> I thought you're really are a professor.
> But you're just profesor..., whatever that mean.

that was a parody of a thing ram abuser is mass making here (some people might get if filered out so dont see the oryginals)

David Brown

On 01/01/16 03:39, fir wrote:
> W dniu piÄ?tek, 1 stycznia 2016 01:33:22 UTC+1 użytkownik JJ napisaÅ?:
>> On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 15:46:05 -0800 (PST), fir wrote:
>>> Hallo,
>>>
>>> here is my implementation of addition
>>>
>>> 2+2 = 8
>>>
>>> thank YOu Ram
>>
>> 2 + 2 is 100.
>>
>> I thought you're really are a professor. But you're just
>> profesor..., whatever that mean.
>
> that was a parody of a thing ram abuser is mass making here (some
> people might get if filered out so dont see the oryginals)

It was quite clear that you were parodying Ramine, who is known for
making lots of badly written and incomprehensible posts, starting new
threads randomly, writing off-topic to the wrong newsgroup, and replying
only to himself as few others care about his nonsense.

But did you know there is another poster on groups like this one and
c.l.c., who has a similar reputation? The details are slightly
different - this other poster is much less willing to try to write
correct English, and is apt to be rude and insulting to people who try
to help him, but sometimes reads other peoples posts and does not start
quite as many pointless new threads. I would, however, say that this
other poster has written a few more interesting posts - but his
communication and social skills are at least as bad as Ramine's.

Now, any guesses as to who this mystery poster is?

My hope is that having experienced how annoying Ramine is, that the
mystery other poster will realise that he too is often annoying in the
same way - and that this insight will lead to him being more thoughtful
in his future posts.

kenobi

W dniu poniedzialek, 4 stycznia 2016 10:48:19 UTC+1 uzytkownik David Brown napisal:
> On 01/01/16 03:39, fir wrote:

> >> 2 + 2 is 100.
> >>
> >> I thought you're really are a professor. But you're just
> >> profesor..., whatever that mean.
> >
> > that was a parody of a thing ram abuser is mass making here (some
> > people might get if filered out so dont see the oryginals)
> >

> It was quite clear that you were parodying Ramine, who is known for
> making lots of badly written and incomprehensible posts, starting new
> threads randomly, writing off-topic to the wrong newsgroup, and replying
> only to himself as few others care about his nonsense.
>
> But did you know there is another poster on groups like this one and
> c.l.c., who has a similar reputation? The details are slightly
> different - this other poster is much less willing to try to write
> correct English, and is apt to be rude and insulting to people who try
> to help him, but sometimes reads other peoples posts and does not start
> quite as many pointless new threads. I would, however, say that this
> other poster has written a few more interesting posts - but his
> communication and social skills are at least as bad as Ramine's.
>
> Now, any guesses as to who this mystery poster is?
>
> My hope is that having experienced how annoying Ramine is, that the
> mystery other poster will realise that he too is often annoying in the
> same way - and that this insight will lead to him being more thoughtful
> in his future posts.

weel it must be heathfield (or maybe thompson?)

David Brown

On 04/01/16 16:49, fir wrote:
> W dniu poniedziaÅ?ek, 4 stycznia 2016 10:48:19 UTC+1 użytkownik David Brown napisaÅ?:
>> On 01/01/16 03:39, fir wrote:
>>> W dniu piÄ?tek, 1 stycznia 2016 01:33:22 UTC+1 użytkownik JJ napisaÅ?:

>>> that was a parody of a thing ram abuser is mass making here (some
>>> people might get if filered out so dont see the oryginals)
>>>

>> It was quite clear that you were parodying Ramine, who is known for
>> making lots of badly written and incomprehensible posts, starting new
>> threads randomly, writing off-topic to the wrong newsgroup, and replying
>> only to himself as few others care about his nonsense.
>>
>> But did you know there is another poster on groups like this one and
>> c.l.c., who has a similar reputation? The details are slightly
>> different - this other poster is much less willing to try to write
>> correct English, and is apt to be rude and insulting to people who try
>> to help him, but sometimes reads other peoples posts and does not start
>> quite as many pointless new threads. I would, however, say that this
>> other poster has written a few more interesting posts - but his
>> communication and social skills are at least as bad as Ramine's.
>>
>> Now, any guesses as to who this mystery poster is?
>>
>> My hope is that having experienced how annoying Ramine is, that the
>> mystery other poster will realise that he too is often annoying in the
>> same way - and that this insight will lead to him being more thoughtful
>> in his future posts.
>
> weel it must be heathfield (or maybe thompson?)

I'm sure Richard appreciates the joke :-)

Richard Heathfield

On 04/01/16 22:45, David Brown wrote:
> On 04/01/16 16:49, fir wrote:
>> W dniu poniedziaÅ?ek, 4 stycznia 2016 10:48:19 UTC+1 użytkownik David
>> Brown napisaÅ?:
<snip>>>>
>>> But did you know there is another poster on groups like this one and
>>> c.l.c., who has a similar reputation? The details are slightly
>>> different - this other poster is much less willing to try to write
>>> correct English, and is apt to be rude and insulting to people who try
>>> to help him, but sometimes reads other peoples posts and does not start
>>> quite as many pointless new threads. I would, however, say that this
>>> other poster has written a few more interesting posts - but his
>>> communication and social skills are at least as bad as Ramine's.
>>>
>>> Now, any guesses as to who this mystery poster is?
>>>
>>> My hope is that having experienced how annoying Ramine is, that the
>>> mystery other poster will realise that he too is often annoying in the
>>> same way - and that this insight will lead to him being more thoughtful
>>> in his future posts.
>>
>> weel it must be heathfield (or maybe thompson?)
>>

> I'm sure Richard appreciates the joke :-)

The unintended irony was worth a wry smile, yes.

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk