microsoft.public.inetserver.iis

Accessing Files From a Virtual Directory In IIS 7.5

vr3357

5/29/2014 5:18:00 PM

I have web site running inside IIS 7.5. Below the web site, there is a virtual directory that is pointing to a network share location. There are bunch of image files. When I try to browse those files, I am getting following error inside the browser:

"401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Anonymous Authentication is enabled and all other authentication is disabled.

If click on Basic Settings, Edit Virtual Directory and select Test Settings, both the test passes without any issue (Authentication and Authorization).

Currently, Connect As is set to Application user (pass-through authentication).

The windows share is accessible. No issues with this.

Application Pool settings look OK. Set to Integrated. .Net Framework v4.0.30319.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Victor

6 Answers

usenet

In article
<6d8bf68b-5183-4770-8357-7a583634f9f1@s9g2000pbh.googlegroups.com>,
Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > In article
> > <8d94264e-0b15-47d1-94bd-5a592587e...@u4g2000pbo.googlegroups.com>,
> > Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:
> >
> > > http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Litterateur-Sunil-......
> >
> > > Sunil-babu's historical novels have been well translated
> > > into English. =A0There is a striking passage in one of
> > > them. =A0Swami Ramakrishna instructs his disciple
> > > Vivekananda about the meaning of religion. Religion means
> > > having full faith in your deity, that the deity will give
> > > you anything you ask for. But out of decency, one usually
> > > cannot do that!
> >
> > > I had the good fortune to see Suni-babu when he came to
> > > Melbourne. He gave a very nice talk, and recited some of
> > > his poems. =A0He took questions from the audience, and I
> > > remember asking him one, I think it was about how did he
> > > get his inspiration. He quoted some lines from Browning
> > > in his reply! =A0Later on I bought a book signed by him.
> > > He had very lovely handwriting.
> >
> > > He should have lived longer, to enjoy his well-deserved
> > > fame. =A0Our loss is great, but I am sure he has gone to a
> > > much better place.
> >
> > > Arindam Banerjee
> >
> > Dhanyavaad for your post. Your posts are read with interest.
>
> Yes, apart from you, roughly 60+ people view my posts, as Google
> says.

The text side of USENET, incorporated into "Google
Groups" isn't quite as popular as the other side, so
that's encouraging.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Arindam Banerjee

On Oct 26, 2:19 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> In article
> <6d8bf68b-5183-4770-8357-7a583634f...@s9g2000pbh.googlegroups.com>,
> Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:
>

> > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > > In article
> > > <8d94264e-0b15-47d1-94bd-5a592587e...@u4g2000pbo.googlegroups.com>,
> > > Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:

> > > Dhanyavaad for your post. Your posts are read with interest.
>
> > Yes, apart from you, roughly 60+ people view my posts, as Google
> > says.
>
> The text side of USENET, incorporated into "Google
> Groups" isn't quite as popular as the other side, so
> that's encouraging.

It is strange to find that out of 500000+ subscribers in the ngs I
get only 50 views of my post, as per google.

> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

usenet

In article
<f9716a1d-377d-4cfc-b3c2-37f89235415b@g7g2000pbi.googlegroups.com>,
Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > In article
> > <6d8bf68b-5183-4770-8357-7a583634f...@s9g2000pbh.googlegroups.com>,
> > Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:
> >
> > > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > > Yes, apart from you, roughly 60+ people view my posts, as Google
> > > says.
> >
> > The text side of USENET, incorporated into "Google
> > Groups" isn't quite as popular as the other side, so
> > that's encouraging.
> >
> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > Om Shanti
>
> It is strange to find that out of 500000+ subscribers in the ngs I
> get only 50 views of my post, as per google.

It appears that Google counts views only by those who are
logged into their Google accounts. Please note that
USENET newgroups can be accessed in a number of ways,
without logging into a Google account or even having one.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Arindam Banerjee

On Oct 28, 4:54 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> In article
> <f9716a1d-377d-4cfc-b3c2-37f892354...@g7g2000pbi.googlegroups.com>,
> Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:
>

> > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > > In article
> > > <6d8bf68b-5183-4770-8357-7a583634f...@s9g2000pbh.googlegroups.com>,
> > > Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:

> > > The text side of USENET, incorporated into "Google
> > > Groups" isn't quite as popular as the other side, so
> > > that's encouraging.
>
> > > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > > Om Shanti
>
> > It is strange to find that out of  500000+ subscribers in the ngs I
> > get  only 50 views of my post, as per google.
>
> It appears that Google counts views only by those who are
> logged into their Google accounts.

Google evidently knows that there are so many subscribers to each
newsgroup. I think that all these subscribers should also have
google accounts, otherwise how can google know who is subscribing to
what newsgroup.
Even assuming that only 1% of them are active (else google should shut
down google groups instead of trying to push a new version) the
5000 people should be reading the posts on the ng.
If out of 5000, only 50 view my post, then it would appear that I am
being ignored by 99% of those who do read the newsgroups.
That sounds about right!
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

Please note that
> USENET newgroups can be accessed in a number of ways,
> without logging into a Google account or even having one.
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

usenet

In article
<1845dc76-f0bd-4f7a-932e-b2c807ed053e@s9g2000pbh.googlegroups.com>,
Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
> > In article
> > <f9716a1d-377d-4cfc-b3c2-37f892354...@g7g2000pbi.googlegroups.com>,
> > Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:
> >
> > > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> >,

> padhy...

> > > It is strange to find that out of =A0500000+ subscribers in the ngs I
> > > get =A0only 50 views of my post, as per google.
> >
> > It appears that Google counts views only by those who are
> > logged into their Google accounts. Please note that
> > USENET newgroups can be accessed in a number of ways,
> > without logging into a Google account or even having one.
> >
> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > Om Shanti
> >
> Google evidently knows that there are so many subscribers to each
> newsgroup. I think that all these subscribers should also have
> google accounts, otherwise how can google know who is subscribing to
> what newsgroup.
> Even assuming that only 1% of them are active (else google should shut
> down google groups instead of trying to push a new version) the
> 5000 people should be reading the posts on the ng.
> If out of 5000, only 50 view my post, then it would appear that I am
> being ignored by 99% of those who do read the newsgroups.
> That sounds about right!
> Cheers,
> Arindam Banerjee

There are many NNTP hosts around the world; they maintain
their own newsgroup archives and function independent of
latecomer Google. Google's actions are not likely to
affect them at all. Here is a free USENET server:
http://www...

A quick-start guide: http://www...index.php?quickstart-guide

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Arindam Banerjee

On Oct 29, 9:15 am, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> In article
> <1845dc76-f0bd-4f7a-932e-b2c807ed0...@s9g2000pbh.googlegroups.com>,
> Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:
>

> > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
> > > In article
> > > <f9716a1d-377d-4cfc-b3c2-37f892354...@g7g2000pbi.googlegroups.com>,
> > > Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:

> > >,

> > padhy...

> > > It appears that Google counts views only by those who are
> > > logged into their Google accounts. Please note that
> > > USENET newgroups can be accessed in a number of ways,
> > > without logging into a Google account or even having one.
>
> > > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > > Om Shanti
>
> > Google evidently knows that there are so many subscribers to each
> > newsgroup.  I think that all these subscribers should also have
> > google accounts, otherwise how can google know who is subscribing to
> > what newsgroup.
> > Even assuming that only 1% of them are active (else google should shut
> > down google groups instead of trying to push a new version) the
> > 5000 people should be reading the posts on the ng.
> > If out of 5000, only 50 view my post, then it would appear that I am
> > being ignored by 99% of those who do read the newsgroups.
> > That sounds about right!
> > Cheers,
> > Arindam Banerjee
>
> There are many NNTP hosts around the world; they maintain
> their own newsgroup archives and function independent of
> latecomer Google. Google's actions are not likely to
> affect them at all. Here is a free USENET server:http://www...

Thanks for the link. These free servers are the last bastion for free
speech! Cheers to all the volunteers who are doing such a great
job!