comp.programming

Plead read again, i correct about C++

Ramine

12/30/2015 11:07:00 PM

Hello,

I think C++ is good for realtime safety critical systems, because:

1- You can enforce the strong typing of Ada by using
object oriented programming.

2- And you can avoid signed or unsigned int overflow and underflow by
using a secure library that uses operator overloading with
the right tests inside them that catch the signed or unsigned int
overflow and underflow.

So the case is closed ! so i am convinced now that C++ is good for
realtime safety critical systems.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.
9 Answers

Richard Heathfield

On 30/12/15 23:07, Ramine wrote:
> Hello,

Why do you start a whole new thread for such minor corrections? What's
the point?

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

kenobi

W dniu sroda, 30 grudnia 2015 21:06:58 UTC+1 uzytkownik Ramine napisal:
> Hello,
>

> I think C++ is good for realtime safety critical systems, because:
>

> 1- You can enforce the strong typing of Ada by using
> object oriented programming.
>
> 2- And you can avoid signed or unsigned int overflow and underflow by
> using a secure library that uses operator overloading with
> the right tests inside them that catch the signed or unsigned int
> overflow and underflow.
>

> So the case is closed ! so i am convinced now that C++ is good for
> realtime safety critical systems.
>

> Thank you,
> Amine Moulay Ramdane.

same ram idiotic as before - if not more,
it is real harmfull to share such shamefull stupidity (yet abusing the forum)

Ian Collins

Richard Heathfield wrote:
> On 30/12/15 23:07, Ramine wrote:
>> Hello,
>
> Why do you start a whole new thread for such minor corrections? What's
> the point?

Richard, you are trying to reason with a write only bot!

--
Ian Collins

Öö Tiib

On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 23:10:47 UTC+2, Ian Collins wrote:
> Richard Heathfield wrote:
> > On 30/12/15 23:07, Ramine wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >
> > Why do you start a whole new thread for such minor corrections? What's
> > the point?
>
> Richard, you are trying to reason with a write only bot!

He is not totally write-only, he does reply sometimes to Richard and today
he replied once to me as well. It may be that he does it because of some
genuine disorder of social interaction and not because of desire to
annoy others.

Richard Heathfield

On 30/12/15 21:10, Ian Collins wrote:
> Richard Heathfield wrote:
>> On 30/12/15 23:07, Ramine wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>
>> Why do you start a whole new thread for such minor corrections? What's
>> the point?
>
> Richard, you are trying to reason with a write only bot!

What makes you believe that?

--

Richard Heathfield wrote:
> On 30/12/15 21:10, Ian Collins wrote:
>> Richard Heathfield wrote:
>>>
>>> Why do you start a whole new thread for such minor corrections? What's
>>> the point?
>>
>> Richard, you are trying to reason with a write only bot!
>
> What makes you believe that?

It has been working its way round Usenet for years spamming a range of
programming groups. I though that it had gone away, but it was my
global ignore thread filter removing its dross. Now it looks like
news.individual.net is filtering its posts, so my filter no longer works
and I'm seeing all of the replies to its posts.

--
Ian Collins

Richard Heathfield

On 30/12/15 21:42, Ian Collins wrote:
> Richard Heathfield wrote:

>>> Richard, you are trying to reason with a write only bot!
>>
>> What makes you believe that?
>
> It has been working its way round Usenet for years spamming a range of
> programming groups. I though that it had gone away, but it was my
> global ignore thread filter removing its dross. Now it looks like
> news.individual.net is filtering its posts, so my filter no longer works
> and I'm seeing all of the replies to its posts.

Maybe your life has something to do with this.

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk
Levitating Penny: Count 2.

Ian Collins

Richard Heathfield wrote:
> On 30/12/15 21:42, Ian Collins wrote:
>> Richard Heathfield wrote:

>>> What makes you believe that?
>>
>> It has been working its way round Usenet for years spamming a range of
>> programming groups. I though that it had gone away, but it was my
>> global ignore thread filter removing its dross. Now it looks like
>> news.individual.net is filtering its posts, so my filter no longer works
>> and I'm seeing all of the replies to its posts.
>
> Maybe your life has something to do with this.

Well yes I do have one.

--
Ian Collins

Richard Heathfield

On 31/12/15 19:41, Ian Collins wrote:
> Richard Heathfield wrote:

>>> It has been working its way round Usenet for years spamming a range of
>>> programming groups. I though that it had gone away, but it was my
>>> global ignore thread filter removing its dross. Now it looks like
>>> news.individual.net is filtering its posts, so my filter no longer works
>>> and I'm seeing all of the replies to its posts.
>>
>> Maybe your life has something to do with this.
>
> Well yes I do have one.

Is it because of your plans that you say yes you do have one?

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk
Levitating Penny - Count 3.