comp.programming

StringTree was updated to version 1.24

Ramine

12/12/2015 5:52:00 PM

Hello,

StringTree was updated to version 1.24, now i have ported it
to Mac OSX and Linux on x86 architecture, and of course it
compiles perfectly to Win32 and Win64.

You can download StringTree version 1.24 from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/...

Authors: Amine Moulay Ramdane and Kjell Hasthi (It's based on Kjell
Hasthi unit)

TStringTree class implements a non-visual tree structure like that found
in TreeView. TStringTree is a class for handling a tree-structured
stringlist. TStringTree is very similar to directory structures , it
uses the familiar terms of "directories" and "files" instead of nodes
and child nodes. This unit is based on Kjell Hasthi unit but i have
redesigned it and enhanced it much more and it is now much more faster
than Kjeli Hasthi unit and it also uses my Parallel Sort library and it
uses my faster HashStringList.

If you look at the source code of my new and very fast StringTree, you
will notice that it is now considered to have the same level of quality
as a good industrial library... so why i am doing this affirmation ?
cause what i have done is designing my StringTree taking into account
the important factor that is the time and space algorithmic's complexity
of my algorithms, before i have used a datastructure called StringList
that you find in Delphi and Freepascal , this datastructure uses an
array as an implementation, StringList adds a key as a string's type and
an object as an element inside the array.. so the add() method is fast,
but the search method is "sequential", so the time algorithmic's
complexity of the search method of StringList is sequential , so it is
not good, so i have tried to use another datastruture called
HashedStringList inside Delphi and FreePascal, this datastructure uses a
hashtable over StringList's datastructure to optimize the search in O(1)
best case complexity, but HashedStringList was still slow, this why i
have implemented my very fast HashStringList datastructure that you will
find inside the zip and that uses a hashtable to optimize the
StringList's datastructure and that render the search in O(1) time
complexity in best case and log(n) time complexity in average case and
that is very fast, this has allowed my StringTree to be very efficient
and very fast, also i have also treated my StringTree as a database that
must be indexed to become very fast, so i have indexed some "tables"
inside StringTree using my very fast HashStringList to render my
StringTree a very fast library , also i have rewrote almost all the
methods of the first StringTree and i have render it a powerful library,
and i have stress tested it and you can be confident cause i think that
it is now really stable. this is why i have said that my StringTree is
now considered to have the same level of quality as a good industrial
library...

And please look at test.pas demo inside the zipfile - compile and
execute it...

Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freep...

Operating Systems: Win , Linux and Mac (x86).

Required FPC switches: -O3 -Sd -dFPC -dWin32 -dFreePascal

-Sd for delphi mode....

Required Delphi 7 to 2007 switches: -$H+ -DDelphi

Required Delphi XE switches: -$H+ -DXE

The defines options inside defines.inc are:
{$DEFINE CPU32} and {$DEFINE Windows32} for 32 bit systems

{$DEFINE CPU64} and {$DEFINE Windows64} for 64 bit systems

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

kenobi

W dniu sobota, 12 grudnia 2015 15:50:41 UTC+1 uzytkownik Ramine napisal:
> [...]
> methods of the first StringTree and i have render it a powerful library,
> and i have stress tested it and you can be confident cause i think that
> it is now really stable. this is why i have said that my StringTree is
> now considered to have the same level of quality as a good industrial
> library...
>
> And please look at test.pas demo inside the zipfile - compile and
> execute it...
>

> Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freep...
>
> Operating Systems: Win , Linux and Mac (x86).
>
> Required FPC switches: -O3 -Sd -dFPC -dWin32 -dFreePascal
>
> -Sd for delphi mode....
>
> Required Delphi 7 to 2007 switches: -$H+ -DDelphi
>
> Required Delphi XE switches: -$H+ -DXE
>
> The defines options inside defines.inc are:
> {$DEFINE CPU32} and {$DEFINE Windows32} for 32 bit systems
>
> {$DEFINE CPU64} and {$DEFINE Windows64} for 64 bit systems

remember that for every such spam you massivly make despite manny comments to you of not doing this you ove me more and more money