comp.programming

A fast concurrent FIFO queue and a fast concurrent priority FIFO queue using the two locks algorithm version 1.2

Ramine

12/4/2015 9:51:00 PM

Hello,

A fast concurrent FIFO queue and a fast concurrent priority FIFO queue
using the two locks algorithm version 1.2.

I have benchmarked those concurrent FIFO queues and they have given
2.2 millions of transactions(push and pop) per second.

You can download them from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/concurrent-fi...

Authors: Amine Moulay Ramdane

Email: aminer@videotron.ca

A fast concurrent FIFO queue and a fast concurrent priority FIFO queue
that satisfy many requirements: They are FIFO fair, they minimize
efficiently the cache-coherence traffic and they are energy efficient on
the pop() side when you set the wait parameter to true in the
constructor: when there is no items in the queue they will not spin-wait
, but they will block wait on my SemaMonitor.

Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freep...
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OSX , Linux...

Required FPC switches: -O3 -Sd -dFPC -dFreePascal

-Sd for delphi mode....

Required Delphi switches: -$H+ -DDelphi

For Delphi XE-XE7 use the -DXE switch

{$DEFINE CPU32} and {$DEFINE Windows32} for 32 bit systems

{$DEFINE CPU64} and {$DEFINE Windows64} for 64 bit systems

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

2 Answers

Ramine

I wrote:
> I have benchmarked those concurrent FIFO queues and they have given
> 2.2 millions of transactions(push and pop) per second.

They haves given 2.2 millions of of transactions(push and pop) per
second using my blocking and FIFO fair SemaMonitor, that's also fast.

Thank you,
Amine Mopulay Ramdane.

Ramine

On 12/4/2015 1:56 PM, Ramine wrote:

> I wrote:
> > I have benchmarked those concurrent FIFO queues and they have given
> > 2.2 millions of transactions(push and pop) per second.
>

> They haves given 2.2 millions of of transactions(push and pop) per
> second using my blocking and FIFO fair SemaMonitor, that's also fast.

That's on a x86 Quadcore at 2.6 GHz.