comp.programming

About scalability...

Ramine

10/28/2015 11:09:00 PM

Hello,

As you have noticed, i have spook before about my new distributed
reader-writer mutex and i have told you that i have done a simulation
that have given me the following true fact: my scalable distributed
reader-writer mutex can scale up to 40X , you will say that it's not
fully scalable, but i think that we have to reason also from a different
point of vieew , i mean that you have for example to look at the
response time and the thoughput and see if that is acceptable for many
applications, and notice with me that as i have showed you before with
my concurrent SkipList that is using my scalable reader-writer mutex
that it can scale up to 150 millions of transactions per a response time
of 10 seconds with 0.1% to 1% of write , and you can also lower the
thoughput and higher the percentage of writes, so the important question
to ask is if this response time of 10 seconds for a thoughput of 150
millions of read's and write's transactions is acceptable for many
application ? the answer is yes, so then the conclusion is that my
scalable reader-writer mutex even if it can scale up to 40X is still
useful, other than that you can easily configure it to be energy efficient.

Hope you have understand my wisdom inside this post.

You can download my new scalable reader-writer mutex version 1.35 from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scalable-distributed-reader-wr...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

2 Answers

Richard Heathfield

On 28/10/15 23:18, Ramine wrote:

> I correct a typo mistake in english:
>
> I wrote:
> > Hope you have understand my wisdom inside this post.
>

> It must be: Hope you have understood my wisdom inside this post.

A wise man waits for others to call him wise. Did you fix that bug yet?

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Ramine