microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

How to perform UI automation for Panels?

Yash Ganthe

We are trying to automate the testing of a Win forms application
implemented in .NET 3.5. It has several panels which have a boundary
and appear like buttons. The controls are actual Panel class objects
for which the Click event is handled.UI spy recognizes the control but
does not show any Control Patterns.

We would like these panels to be accessible to a UI automation client
so that we can programmatically invoke the Click action on them. How
do we achieve this?
Is there any online tutorial that describes how this can be done?

Thanks,
Yash
1 Answer

Islander

On 5/10/2012 5:01 AM, Earl Evleth wrote:
> On 10/05/12 2:29, in article jof24f$stq$1@dont-email.me, "Islander"
> <nospam@priracy.net> wrote:
>
>> Despite Republican attempts to create a wedge issue, Obama came out in
>> favor of equal rights in marriage.
>

> My own opinion is that this is a subject which is not worth
> spending political energy for. It misdirects the debate.

Sure, but the Republicans have been using it as a way to mobilize their
base for years. Karl Rove used it effectively in 2004, for example to
help get Bush reelected. There are clearly efforts underway to repeat
that strategy in key states this year.

The question is, how can the Democrats defuse the issue and get back to
more important issues? Rather than wait to be forced into a position,
Obama took the initiative in what was a carefully orchestrated and bold
sequence of actions. It will now be in the headlines for a few days,
but will be old news by November. Public opinion already on his side
will be strengthened by this and the Republicans are revealed as the
bigots that they are.

I am hopeful that he will use the same strategy on other issues instead
of tiptoeing around controversy as most politicians are prone to do.