microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

How to Link Scroll to MouseGrab

Don Gollahon

11/5/2008 6:48:00 PM

I have an autosroll panel with an image in it. The users can use the scrollbars
but I want to also give the ability to "grab" the image by clicking on it anywhere
and dragging it, thus scrolling it in any direction. I am not sure how to do this.

I assume it will be in the MouseMove of the picture (or maybe the panel). Then
I should set the scrolling dependent on the position of the mouse as it moves using
the x and y coordinates. I'm not sure what sets the scrolling though.

private void pictureBox2_MouseMove(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Button = MouseButtons.Left)
{
//Set scrolling here somehow?
}
}

--

Don Gollahon
1 Answer

GI Joe

On Tue, 22 May 2007 19:34:10 GMT, "La N" <nilita2004NOSPAM@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"GI Joe" <gijoe@home.town> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 22 May 2007 06:03:16 +0100, "D. Spencer Hines"
>> <panther@excelsior.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Increasingly Irrelevant" Indeed...
>>>
>>>DSH
>>>-------------------------------------------
>>
>> I agree. Jimmy Carter-- for all his bluster-- was the most cowardly,
>> least effective, dumbest "nice guy" who ever wasted space in the oval
>> office. Besides the present occupant, of course.
>>
>> There is a thing known as protocol. And for scuz like Hillary and
>> Kerry and now Jimmy to be taking shots during an election is just
>> plain wrong.
>>
>> Wasn't it Carter who was TOTALLY bamboozled by Moscow? "I have it on
>> good authority that Russia (the "USSR" back then) is disarming!" When
>> he was told that by a lying Soviet Premier. And Reagan had the
>> intelligence IN HAND that "Gorbachev?" (whoever it was) was lying, and
>> in fact was building weapons as Carter mis-spoke.
>>
>> Reagan said, "Mr Carter, you've been lied to, and you believed the
>> wrong man! I have the intelligence right here!" And Carter was
>> embarrassed PUBLICLY (hey! He did it to himself)
>>
>> And Carter has been embarrassing himself and his party ever since!
>
>Actually, no. Although he "screwed up" on protocol by speaking ill of a
>sitting Prez, he is quite a popular world figure.

I didn't say otherwise.

He's rather "anti-American" if the guys in charge are Republicans.

If he's anti-administration, the American-hating "other countries"
LOVE the guy!

Having served my country during another war (Vietnam), having served
in Europe (NATO) with 3rd Air Force, I know personally how the
Europeans DESPISE us. They put up with us because of the $$$ we spend
over there.
Even the Brits don't like us!
"and they're our closest allies, other than the Israelis."

As someone else just
>posted, one cannot imagine GWB getting a Nobel Peace Prize 20 years hence.

Are you aware that one PETITIONS the Nobel Peace Prize Committee? That
is, you ASK for it. Then you campaign, spreading LOTS of money around.
Essentially, the Nobel Prize can be BOUGHT if you figure out what to
buy the right people!

Perhaps before you get too dazzled over the Nobel Prize, you should do
some real research on it. Online. I was curious how I'd go about
winning a Nobel Prize (I'm a writer, and the first "Prize" *I* want
would be a Pulitzer. When I looked up the Nobel Peace Prize,
Step #1 is to ASK for it)

I am betting once GWB leaves the OO, if he gets out there and rolls up
his sleeves, and builds a hundred houses for ppor folk in Louisiana (N
O), and if he cruises down to South Africa and builds a village
hospital or two, and he cruises over to Rome and shakes hands with the
pope, he could well be a candidate!

SURELY you don't think Carter did all that "just cuz he's a nice guy,"
do ya?

smirk

If he's such a nice guy, why doesn't he answer my e-mails?

pp
(proud papa of a GI)