Branimir Petrovic

11/5/2008 12:38:00 PM

Hi

I need to insert some data value in a table, what is the nullable value for
bool? , for string type i used String.Empty

TIA
Barry

2 Answers

Cowboy

"Barry" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need to insert some data value in a table, what is the nullable value
> for bool?

bool? b = null;

If the bit field in the database is nullable, throwing a null at it, when
attempting an insert or update, will work.

> for string type i used String.Empty

Why not just null.

string s = null;

The reason I suggest this is some databases have conditions where
string.empty is a valid answer that does not mean the same as null. In fact,
null equals an indeterminate value and an empty string is determinant, as it
is something instead of nothing.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Greg...

or just read it:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gre...

| Think outside the box! |

Branimir Petrovic

Hi

Inserting null is not possible as the datatype is bool not bool?, the
datatype is auto-generated by the dataset.

Barry

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <NoSpamMgbworld@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in
message news:%23vURGF1PJHA.1516@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...