microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

virus removal problem

amatuer

11/1/2008 3:39:00 PM

I have a virus and am unable to download any virus removal tools from the
web. When I select "download" I get a mssg saying that my computer is
infected, blah , blah, and if I select to proceed anyway, nothing happens. My
only other options are to run a virus removal tool or to select the back
button. The page recommending that I select to run the virus tool does not
look authentic. The virus scanning tools already on my computer do not pick
up this virus. It's showing up as an "antivirus" tool itself and keeps my
from using the internet and I get constant popups saying that my computer is
infected and dell and aol files are corrupted. Any help or suggestions would
be greatly appreciated
2 Answers

David

I bet that certain searches under google also send you to sites like this...

You have some malware on your computer. I don't know what it will be as
there are so many. Your anti-virus should pick it up. If not, then look at
ad-aware and hijackthis to hopefully fix it.

On a PC I was supporting recently, I couldn't find it, so I replaced IE with
firefox.

(Go into task manager and terminate the IExplore process that is showing all
this 'junk' )

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.

"amatuer" <amatuer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a virus and am unable to download any virus removal tools from the
> web. When I select "download" I get a mssg saying that my computer is
> infected, blah , blah, and if I select to proceed anyway, nothing happens.
> My
> only other options are to run a virus removal tool or to select the back
> button. The page recommending that I select to run the virus tool does not
> look authentic. The virus scanning tools already on my computer do not
> pick
> up this virus. It's showing up as an "antivirus" tool itself and keeps my
> from using the internet and I get constant popups saying that my computer
> is
> infected and dell and aol files are corrupted. Any help or suggestions
> would
> be greatly appreciated

Ashutosh Bhawasinka

The following solution should be used only if you understand the usage
of each process (almost all windows component and other process/software
installed on your system)
1) Download Autoruns from
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb9... (if
possible on another system)
2) Do not unzip it.
3) Restart your computer in safe mode.
4) Extract and run Autoruns.exe from the zip file downloaded in step 1
5) From the Option menu Select "Hide Microsoft Entries"
6) Click refresh on the toolbar or press F5
7) From the "Logon" tab un-check all items (temporarily till you do a
full scan)
8) From the "Internet Explorer" un-check any all items that are not from
a valid publisher/company
9) Repeat step 8 for "Explorer" and "Services" tab
10) Restart you computer normally, download an antivirus, update it and
scan your computer.
11) Re-enable items you disabled in step 7-9

Just for your information, I have antivirus installed on my system, but
it runs once a months(I keep the services disabled). It's just because I
keep a close eye on all the process that are running, all startup
process, services and lot more. Also, I don't directly run applications
coming from the internet or anywhere else.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashutosh