microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Performing FTP operations in .NET through proxy server

Yash Ganthe

We would like to perform upload as well as download operations on an
FTP server external to our LAN through a .NET application. The
operations should be performed through a proxy and hence the .NET
application should be capable of using a proxy. The proxy server is an
ISA server, which is an HTTP proxy.

The .NET class FTPWebRequest has a property to which the proxy can be
specified. However, uploads are not supported if the proxy is an HTTP
proxy.
If you are aware of any third-party libraries which let us perform FTP
operations through an HTTP proxy(ISA server in particular), please let
me know.

Thanks and regards,
Yash Ganthe
1 Answer

Jani J?rvinen [MVP]

Hello!

> If you are aware of any third-party libraries which let us perform FTP
> operations through an HTTP proxy(ISA server in particular), please let
> me know.

Although I don't have personal experience in these components, I'd assume
(highly likely) that /N Software's IP*Works! components would contain what
you need:

http://www.nsoftware.com/ipworks/fea...

They have a free trial version, so it shouldn't take long to figure out if
they support proxy servers the way you need.

--
Regards,

Mr. Jani Järvinen
C# MVP