microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Silverlight communicating with a self-hosted WCF service

Ravi Bhavnani

10/25/2008 4:49:00 AM

Has anyone been able to get an SL app successfully communicating with a
self-hosted WCF service? My SL app complains about a badly configured
ClientAccessPolicy.xml file, but according to every article and post I've
read, I'm doing the right thing. Web Development Helper confirms my SL app
successful accesses the file (whose headers and content are A-OK). I'm also
able to manually browse the ClientAccessPolicy.xml file with no problems and
communicate with the service using non-SL apps just fine. (The service
itself is a trivial one.)

Thanks for any light you can shed on a solution. Sorry, hosting the service
in IIS isn't a solution. :)

Thanks,

Ravi Bhavnani
http:/...