microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Automate MS Handwriting Recognition

David

10/20/2008 8:24:00 AM

Hi all,

I am using C#, probably start with .NET 3.5 very soon...

I wish to interface to various graphical input devices like a pen, graphics
tablet etc. I want to be able to recognise handwritten notes and convert
them.

I know that MS Office has handwriting recognition. Does anyone know if this
can be automated, how to do it or any information that can help me?

Basically, I don't need to enter details as I write, but be able to either
take stroke information or a bitmap and convert it.

Thanks.
--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.

2 Answers

sloan

http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archi...
?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q...
?

"David" <david.colliver.NEWS@revilloc.REMOVETHIS.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am using C#, probably start with .NET 3.5 very soon...
>
> I wish to interface to various graphical input devices like a pen,
> graphics tablet etc. I want to be able to recognise handwritten notes and
> convert them.
>
> I know that MS Office has handwriting recognition. Does anyone know if
> this can be automated, how to do it or any information that can help me?
>
> Basically, I don't need to enter details as I write, but be able to either
> take stroke information or a bitmap and convert it.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Best regards,
> Dave Colliver.
> http://www.Ashfiel...
> ~~
> http://www.FOCUSP... - Local franchises available

David

Seen both of those...

The first one, for some reason, I couldn't get it to work. Almost all
actions I tried caused a JIT error. I have sent an email yesterday to the
dev of that, as of yet, waiting for a response.

The second one, I downloaded the app and the doc from sourceforge. The doc
though doesn't really tell you how to work with it. I will have to look
deeper into the app to see if I can figure out what it does.

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.