microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

MSMQ, COM and 32/64 bit compatibility

....DotNet4Ever....

10/17/2008 10:04:00 AM

I read that to ensure compatibility between 32 and 64 bit operation of the
same .NET application it was better to totally avoid dependencies with
COM/COM+ objects, non-native/non-managed/unsafe code in .NET.

We are considering using MSMQ 4.0 with .NET 3.5 and was wondering if in
doing so we would compromise the 32/64-bit compatibility? reason is
development will most likely take place in 32 bit machines but deployment in
64 bit machines.

Does MSMQ 3.0/4.0 has any inherent dependency on COM/COM+ ? what about the
DTC (need transactional queues)?

Regards,
Emilio

1 Answer