me789@usa.com

10/15/2008 12:27:00 AM

I need to upgrade my work PC .net to 2.0 to use SyncToy.

It seems like a dumb thing to ask, but I'm not authorized to do this.
what will happen? Aside from getting me fired, will it screw up my
system?
1 Answer

Nathan Sokalski

Downloading and installing the .NET 2.0 Runtime will not even be noticable
to your boss unless he decides to inspect your entire machine, so you should
be perfectly safe. Is there a reason your boss doesn't want you to have .NET
2.0 installed? It won't hurt or affect anything, the only difference it will
have is that it will allow you to run applications written using the .NET
2.0 Framework. And every boss that I've ever had has said to me "If it makes
you more productive, go ahead and install it", and I'm assuming most other
people's bosses would do the same. Go ahead and install it, he'll never
notice.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com