microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Is manual locking necessary?

Yet

10/12/2008 10:59:00 AM

I have a window application with SQL 2005 database in a not bound to database
mode.
The application is to be in a multi-user environment.
How am I meant to maintain locking?
Should be considered:
1. the main form displays data from many tables
2. I don't want two users to open the same data for updates.
3. The form may be open for a long time (even hours)
4. The user should not loose any data entered and not yes saved ,because by
the time he comes to save it, the data was changed by somebody else.

1 Answer

PvdG42

"Yet" <Yet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a window application with SQL 2005 database in a not bound to
>database
> mode.
> The application is to be in a multi-user environment.
> How am I meant to maintain locking?
> Should be considered:
> 1. the main form displays data from many tables
> 2. I don't want two users to open the same data for updates.
> 3. The form may be open for a long time (even hours)
> 4. The user should not loose any data entered and not yes saved ,because
> by
> the time he comes to save it, the data was changed by somebody else.

Please learn to crosspost, rather than multiposting. I don't know how many
different groups you multiposted your question in, but you already have
answers in some.

Read here about how to properly post the same message in *up to* three
groups:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...