microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

If .net 3.5 is installed do i need older versions?

david manvell

10/10/2008 2:46:00 AM

Going through the list of installed software on my computer and i noticed I
have version 3.5, 1.1 and 1.1 hotfix installed on my windows vista ultimate
x64. Do i need the older versions on my system if i have 3.5 installed?

3 Answers

Cowboy

2.0 and later? Yes

1.x? No

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Greg...

or just read it:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gre...

| Think outside the box! |
"David Manvell" <DavidManvell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Going through the list of installed software on my computer and i noticed
> have version 3.5, 1.1 and 1.1 hotfix installed on my windows vista
> ultimate
> x64. Do i need the older versions on my system if i have 3.5 installed?

Peter Duniho

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 19:46:01 -0700, David Manvell
<DavidManvell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Going through the list of installed software on my computer and i
> noticed I
> have version 3.5, 1.1 and 1.1 hotfix installed on my windows vista
> ultimate
> x64. Do i need the older versions on my system if i have 3.5 installed?

It depends on what applications you're running. Some program do require
1.1 and won't run/work properly on a later version of .NET.

Pete

Ashutosh Bhawasinka

When you have 3.5, you already have 2.0 installed.
Version 3.5 of .Net doesn't have it's own **runtime** framework. It uses
2.0's runtime framework...

Regards,
Ashutosh Bhawasinka