microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

BindingNavigator, SQL Embedded and new records Options

B i r d

10/8/2008 12:35:00 PM

please note that I also posted in the csharp forum, but this indeed
should happen on any .net flavour. I will update both postings as
feedback comes in. Thank you in advance for your help!

For whatever reason, I cannot get the simplest database app to work.
This is my environment:
SQL 2008 Standard
SQL Embedded 3.? (Not express)

Sample database table:
table people
peopleID (int, primary key, identity etc)
fullname nvarchar
whatever nvarchar

I then create a new form, drop a bindingnavigator on the form, link
it
to the database which generates the dataset, datasource and
dataadaptors.

I then go into the database and add 2 rows manually for content.

I then add two textboxes to the form and via the databinding connect
it to the datasource.

I then add an event for bindingsource item changed (I believe that is
the event), and add an event for onformclose. in both of these
methods
I call endEdit to the datasource, and pass the dataset to the
dataadaptor.Update.

When I am running, I can change either of the two rows, and they are
commited to the database, however if I add an extra row, I get a
Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1

I have done nothing fancy, all of the updates work, however I cannot
add new rows and am totally stumped. Googling the concurrency error
only gives info regarding having a database name in the update
statement, which does not exist (and updates work just fine).

Any advice would be appreciated, I am stumped.

Thanks!
Derek

2 Answers

joyo

On Oct 7, 6:42 am, RichAsianKid <RichAsian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> joyo wrote:
> > On Oct 6, 9:31 am, RichAsianKid <RichAsian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> As usual, don't miss the comments.
>
> >>http://hbdbooks.com/2009/10/white-woman-returns-b...
>
> >> On the Today Show there was a white woman who adopted a black baby and
> >> then decided to give it back. Women are frivolous indeed.
>
> >>    --Video link--
>
> >> Notice that they don’t mention race once. Surely that had nothing to do
> >> with it!
>
> >> The baby was lying by the side of the road, not where children of good
> >> genetic stock are usually found. In addition, the child was probably
> >> deprived before finding his white family. He likely wasn’t up for much
> >> socializing. We know that infants are more comfortable looking at people
> >> of their own race, so this new “mother” of his might as well have been
> >> an alien. He didn’t like her, and as Roissy might say, her vagina didn’t
> >> tingle.
>
> >> Thankfully this foolish woman is going back to devoting herself to
> >> raising her real children.
>
> > of course not! Only you see race in everything you dwarf.
>
> "Notice that they don’t mention race once. Surely that had nothing to do
> with it!" wasn't mine.- Hide quoted text -

Of course its yours even if vicariously. U sit on your flat arse and
trawl for these kind of articles. Your parents would have proudly
donated you away, I'll bet. Sorry shorty.

fyfpoon@gmail.com

On 10?7?, ??11?47?, joyo <kqurty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 7, 6:42 am, RichAsianKid <RichAsian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > joyo wrote:

> > > of course not! Only you see race in everything you dwarf.
>
> > "Notice that they don’t mention race once. Surely that had nothing to do
> > with it!" wasn't mine.- Hide quoted text -

> Of course its yours even if vicariously. U sit on your flat arse and
> trawl for these kind of articles. Your parents would have proudly
> donated you away, I'll bet. Sorry shorty.- ??????? -

Donate him away to a japanese or northern chinese; the latter are
white enough.