microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

slipstream .net framework 2 sp1 into .net framework 2

Kyle

I have an appication I need to install on about 50 PCs. This application
needs .net framework 2 installed. I don't want to goto each PC and install
..net framework 2, then SP1, and then hotfixes. Is there a way to slipstream
everything into 1 exe? I don't have a WSUS server and won't be getting one
:( so that isn't an answer.

Thanks,
Bob

2 Answers

Cowboy

AFAIK, the redistributable is the full deal, not just an "upgrade":
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0C1B0A88-59E2-4EBA-A70E-4CD851C5FCC4&disp...

I believe it will install the full bits, if needed. You don't need the full
SDK to run apps, so try this one.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Greg...

or just read it:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gre...

| Think outside the box! |
"Kyle" <kyle@tsr.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an appication I need to install on about 50 PCs. This application
> needs .net framework 2 installed. I don't want to goto each PC and
> install
> .net framework 2, then SP1, and then hotfixes. Is there a way to
> slipstream
> everything into 1 exe? I don't have a WSUS server and won't be getting
> one
> :( so that isn't an answer.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob