microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Remote Desktop disconnection issues

Govtechie

10/1/2008 1:26:00 PM

When I disconnect from a Remote Desktop Connection using the Red X in the top
right corner of the screen, the message "This will disconnect your session.
Your programs will continue to run while you are disconnected. You can
reconnect to this session later by logging on again." I click the "OK'
button. 48 seconds later the computer stops the program, and logs off. I
know this because I hooked the remote where I could watch it. When I log on
again, the remote computer acts as if I am just rebooting by launching the
desktop, I get the Windows music, and my startup programs launch. How do I
fix this? I'm using XP Pro.
--
Don't stop...
1 Answer

Jeff Johnson [MVP: VB]

"Govtechie" <Govtechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I disconnect from a Remote Desktop Connection using the Red X in the
> top
> right corner of the screen, the message "This will disconnect your
> session.
> Your programs will continue to run while you are disconnected. You can
> reconnect to this session later by logging on again." I click the "OK'
> button. 48 seconds later the computer stops the program, and logs off. I
> know this because I hooked the remote where I could watch it. When I log
> on
> again, the remote computer acts as if I am just rebooting by launching the
> desktop, I get the Windows music, and my startup programs launch. How do
> fix this? I'm using XP Pro.

Ask in an XP group. This group is for programmers using the .NET framework.