microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Unhandeld exeption errors; dotnet 1.1 and 3.0 side by side

Tony

After installing dotnet 1.1 (dotnetFX) bundeled with a program, I get
unhandled exception errors.

Could this be because I have .net 3.0 on my machine? Is installation of
dotnet 1.1 necessary? I thought .net 3.0 had only new functions and needed
no side by side installation of dotnet 1.1.

Kind regards

Tony Thijs

Oriolus publishing

3 Answers

Family Tree Mike

Dotnet 3.0 goes side-by-side dotnet 2.0, not 1.1.

"Tony" <tonythecatnospampleasemiauw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> After installing dotnet 1.1 (dotnetFX) bundeled with a program, I get
> unhandled exception errors.
>
> Could this be because I have .net 3.0 on my machine? Is installation of
> dotnet 1.1 necessary? I thought .net 3.0 had only new functions and needed
> no side by side installation of dotnet 1.1.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Tony Thijs
>
> Oriolus publishing

PvdG42

"Tony" <tonythecatnospampleasemiauw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> After installing dotnet 1.1 (dotnetFX) bundeled with a program, I get
> unhandled exception errors.
>
> Could this be because I have .net 3.0 on my machine? Is installation of
> dotnet 1.1 necessary? I thought .net 3.0 had only new functions and needed
> no side by side installation of dotnet 1.1.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Tony Thijs
>
> Oriolus publishing

..NET 1.0, .NET 1.1, and .NET 2.0 are separate full versions. 3.0 and 3.5
are, in essence, addons to 2.0. Whether the software you installed requires
1.1 depends on exactly how it was designed. You'd have to ask the software
authors. I think it's very unlikely that the exceptions you are getting are
being caused by having multiple versions of .NET installed, as 1.0, 1.1 and
(2.0 3.0 3.5) are separate entities.

Are the exceptions associated with this newly installed software only?

Tony

Hi Everybody,
It turns out:
Install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on Windows Vista - Fix RegSvcs.exe
Fails Error

that I need Dotnet 1.1 SP1 to run DotNet 1.1 under Vista
Kind regards,
Tony Thijs
Oriolus Publishing

"Tony" <tonythecatnospampleasemiauw@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht