microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

How to check whether there is already an ngen Image or not,...?

Kerem G?mr?kc?

how can i reliably check whether there is already
an ngen image of my application or not. Can i
do this with Reflection/Interop/Unmanaged APIs
or what is the right way for that,...?

Thanks in advance,...

Regards

Kerem

--
-----------------------
Beste Grüsse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue

1 Answer

Phill W.

Kerem Gümrükcü wrote:

> how can i reliably check whether there is already an ngen image
> of my application or not.

I'm curious - why would you care?

If one exists, the Framework will use it.
If not, or of the corresponding I.L. "version" is more recent than the
ngen image, the Framework will use that instead.

> Can i do this with Reflection/Interop/Unmanaged APIs
> or what is the right way for that,...?

ngen.exe /show <AssemblyName>

will tell you.

HTH,