microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

.Net Framework 3.5 SP1

WJB

I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 and have been advised before to always wait
until Windows updates appear in my Windows Update List rather than explicitly
downloading and installing them. Does this also apply to .Net Framework 3.5
SP1? I received an email several weeks ago stating that it was available but
has yet to see it appear in my list of available Windows updates.

Thanks.

6 Answers

Mark Salsbery [MVP]

I didn't think the .NET framework 3.5 was part of the OS. I'm not sure it
WILL show up in update :)

Anyway, lots of us have successfully installed it.

Mark

--
Mark Salsbery
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

"WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 and have been advised before to always wait
> until Windows updates appear in my Windows Update List rather than
> explicitly
> downloading and installing them. Does this also apply to .Net Framework
> 3.5
> SP1? I received an email several weeks ago stating that it was available
> but
> has yet to see it appear in my list of available Windows updates.
>
> Thanks.

WJB

Good enough for me. I'll go ahead and install it then.

Thanks, Mark.

"Mark Salsbery [MVP]" wrote:

> I didn't think the .NET framework 3.5 was part of the OS. I'm not sure it
> WILL show up in update :)
>
> Anyway, lots of us have successfully installed it.
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Salsbery
> Microsoft MVP - Visual C++
>

> "WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 and have been advised before to always wait
> > until Windows updates appear in my Windows Update List rather than
> > explicitly
> > downloading and installing them. Does this also apply to .Net Framework
> > 3.5
> > SP1? I received an email several weeks ago stating that it was available
> > but
> > has yet to see it appear in my list of available Windows updates.
> >
> > Thanks.

Pavel Minaev

On Sep 15, 3:35 am, "Mark Salsbery [MVP]"
<MarkSalsbery[MVP]@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
> I didn't think the .NET framework 3.5 was part of the OS.  I'm not sure it
> WILL show up in update :)

Microsoft has announced shortly after .NET 3.5 SP1 release that they
will push it as an update via Windows Update to all end users
with .NET 2.0+ already installed. Maybe it was the reason for the
advice. However, it's not there yet, and it certainly won't hurt to
just download and install it.

Mark Salsbery [MVP]

"Pavel Minaev" <int19h@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 15, 3:35 am, "Mark Salsbery [MVP]"
> <MarkSalsbery[MVP]@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
>> I didn't think the .NET framework 3.5 was part of the OS. I'm not sure it
>> WILL show up in update :)
>
> Microsoft has announced shortly after .NET 3.5 SP1 release that they
> will push it as an update via Windows Update to all end users
> with .NET 2.0+ already installed.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info!

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mark Salsbery
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

WhiteWolf! @iol.ie

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 21:30:37 +0100, Eddie Wall <eddie@wall.ie> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:42:57 +0100, Boru <boru@eircom.net> wrote:
>
>>Eddie Wall wrote:
>>
>>> Please VOTE for me and get anyone you know to do the same......
>>>

>>Done.
>
>Thank you...... now in 280th place....
>
>You can vote EVERY DAY.......... :)

Done (twice) Didn't know we could vote more than once...

Good luck...

Ray

Eddie Wall

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:42:57 +0100, Boru <boru@eircom.net> wrote:

>Eddie Wall wrote:
>
>> Please VOTE for me and get anyone you know to do the same......
>>

>Done.

Thank you..........

Eddie
"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any
more than going to a garage makes you a mechanic."