microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

2 list box on a form with a subform

Denver

9/13/2008 10:12:00 AM

I have 2 list boxes in my form with a subform...
the first one name List4:rowsource: SELECT [Filtering Data].[Site Location]
FROM [Filtering Data] GROUP BY [Site Location];

the 2nd one name List39:rowsource: SELECT DISTINCTROW [Filtering
Data].[Drawing Type] FROM [Filtering Data] GROUP BY [Drawing Type];

I want to limit my selection after a selection from the 1st list box, is
this possible? do i need to right a code in both list boxes? can anyone help
me what code would that be?

I have a button name CLEAR that when click it clears the selection from the
list boxes, is this possible?

I also have another button name SEARCH that when click It Filters the
selection in the subform, is this possible?
can anyone help me how to start with my codes?

thanks

3 Answers

PvdG42

"Denver" <Denver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 list boxes in my form with a subform...
> the first one name List4:rowsource: SELECT [Filtering Data].[Site
> Location]
> FROM [Filtering Data] GROUP BY [Site Location];
>
> the 2nd one name List39:rowsource: SELECT DISTINCTROW [Filtering
> Data].[Drawing Type] FROM [Filtering Data] GROUP BY [Drawing Type];
>
> I want to limit my selection after a selection from the 1st list box, is
> this possible? do i need to right a code in both list boxes? can anyone
> help
> me what code would that be?
>
> I have a button name CLEAR that when click it clears the selection from
> the
> list boxes, is this possible?
>
> I also have another button name SEARCH that when click It Filters the
> selection in the subform, is this possible?
> can anyone help me how to start with my codes?
>
> thanks

Please tell us what tool(s) and programming language you are using. From
your question, it sounds like you are using Access?

Denver

yes iam using access 2003..

> yes iam using access 2003..

In that case, you should ask your question is a newsgroup dedicated to the
Access product. Here's how to find one.

As you appear to be using a web interface:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/de...

Click the + beside your language. then scroll down to Office and Desktop
Applications. In Office and Desktop Applications, scroll down to the Access
category. Open it and find a group for your question.