microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Importing Items in Office Accounting 2008

Mzlcpa2

9/11/2008 8:25:00 PM

I was able to import products using the preformatted excel spread sheet but I
realized I made a mistake in one of the non required fields. I would like to
know is there any way to overwrite the pre-exisiting items with out getting
the error of item name has to be unique.

Also, using the information from the first part, I have a business where
there are tens of thousands of products. When there's a price increase, is
there anyway to upload a new spreadsheet with the new prices without having
to manually click each check box in the change item prices.
1 Answer

PvdG42

"Mzlcpa2" <Mzlcpa2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was able to import products using the preformatted excel spread sheet but
> realized I made a mistake in one of the non required fields. I would like
> know is there any way to overwrite the pre-exisiting items with out
> getting
> the error of item name has to be unique.
>
> Also, using the information from the first part, I have a business where
> there are tens of thousands of products. When there's a price increase, is
> there anyway to upload a new spreadsheet with the new prices without
> having
> to manually click each check box in the change item prices.

As your question appears to involve Excel and Office Accounting, you should
post it in an Office group for best results.
Here's how to find the group you need.

As you appear to be using a web interface:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/de...

Click the + beside your language. then scroll down to Office and Desktop
Applications. In Office and Desktop Applications, find a group for
your question.