Phil Wright

7/8/2004 6:59:00 PM

I have installed the VS.NET 2005 Beta 1 and now VS.NET 2003 projects in
VS.NET 2003 do not compile. Is the Beta supposed to run side by side with
the older version? Or is it supposed to make older versions stop working any
more?

2 Answers

Klaus H. Probst

It's not supposed to do anything, really. It's a beta. Eventually the RTM
version will co-exist peacefully with previous versions, but right now I
wouldn't try to test the theory. Using VPC or something like that is a much
better idea.

--
Klaus H. Probst, MVP
http://www....

"Phil Wright" <phil.wright@dotnetmagic.com> wrote in message
> I have installed the VS.NET 2005 Beta 1 and now VS.NET 2003 projects in
> VS.NET 2003 do not compile. Is the Beta supposed to run side by side with
> the older version? Or is it supposed to make older versions stop working
any
> more?

Bob Powell

IMO Installing 2005 on a machine that you use every day is not a good idea
because it is full of bugs. I strongly recommend installing it on a
sacrificial machine or in a virtual PC.

Its *supposed* to work in a side-by-side install though and this link migh
give you some more insight.

http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/petergekko/archive/2003/11/04...

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

The Image Transition Library wraps up and LED style instrumentation is
available in the June of Well Formed for C# or VB programmers
http://www.bobpowell.net/curren...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/gdipl...

The GDI+ FAQ RSS feed: http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
Windows Forms Tips and Tricks RSS: http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
Bob's Blog: http://bobpowelldotnet.blogspot.co...