Setting files/folders permission

Samuel

7/7/2004 1:38:00 PM

Hello, I'm just wondering if there are any .Net objects that I can use in
the framework that set folders/files permission, assign quotas to users.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Samuel

Gert Pfeifer

7/7/2004 3:25:00 PM

Try the classes System.IO.FileInfo or System.IO.DirectoryInfo to read or set
attributes to files or dirs. They are using FileAttributes-Enumeration.

"Samuel Shum" <samuelshum@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello, I'm just wondering if there are any .Net objects that I can use in
> the framework that set folders/files permission, assign quotas to users.
>
> Any suggestions/comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.
>
> Samuel

Samuel

7/8/2004 11:52:00 AM

Thanks for the information, but it seems that the classes are not for
folder/file security permission. Say "UserA" under "CertainGroup" has full
access for directory "DirectoryA" whereas other members inside this group
have "read" access only and so on.

The "FileIOPermission" class under "System.Security.Permissions" seems to be
close, but I still can't figure out how to solve the problem with it...

Samuel

"Gert Pfeifer" <anon@tu-dresden.de> wrote in message
> Try the classes System.IO.FileInfo or System.IO.DirectoryInfo to read or
set
> attributes to files or dirs. They are using FileAttributes-Enumeration.
>
> "Samuel Shum" <samuelshum@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hello, I'm just wondering if there are any .Net objects that I can use
in
> > the framework that set folders/files permission, assign quotas to users.
> >
> > Any suggestions/comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Samuel

Servizio di avviso nuovi messaggi
Ricevi direttamente nella tua mail i nuovi messaggi per
Setting files/folders permission

Inserendo la tua e-mail nella casella sotto, riceverai un avviso tramite posta elettronica ogni volta che il motore di ricerca troverà un nuovo messaggio per te

Il servizio è completamente GRATUITO!