microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Writing to Eventlog Problem

Atul

I am getting following error while executing .aspx page.
Exception Raised: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot
open log for source {0}. You may not have write access. --->
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

Any ideas???

--
Thanks & Regards,
Atul Shukla

1 Answer

Nick Malik

Sure Atul.

Are you using Windows Server 2003? If so, please refer to the following
article on providing access to the event log:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

--- Nick