microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Re: Do I have to install SDK onevery client?

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

6/1/2004 10:45:00 PM

No, you should not copy the wsdl to the client and run it.

In your original post you said you are using wsdl to make the proxy-file to
include in the client app. I suppose this means you are using wsdl.exe
on a wsdl file. Once you generate the proxy from this step, you need to
compile it. The output of that is a DLL. This is one of the pieces that
needs to be installed on the client. The DLL, not the wsdl, nor wsdl.exe.

There are 2 stages we are discussing here:
design and compilation - in which you need wsdl.exe, csc.exe, nmake.exe,
and so on. You need the sdk for this stage. The SDK also requires the
redistributable!
running the app - in this stage you need the "redistributable", which is
the runtime piece. You don't need the SDK.

"Mr m?ll" <salviakrydda@yahoo.se> wrote in message
> ok, got it, I should use install the redistributable on the client and
> then copy the wsdl to the client and run it from there. (But why isnt
> wsdl.exe included in the redist?)
>
> möll

1 Answer

(Mr m?ll)

Ok, I was worried that if I ran the wsdl.exe-->compiler-->dll-file on
the server it would store information about itself and that this info
would aplpy for the clients...anyway forget it, thanks anyway

/Möll