creating ASP .NET webservice from WSDL file

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

6/12/2004 11:28:00 PM

hello dear Group!

I need very much to create an ASP .NET webservice out of
a WSDL file - it is enough if I would have just empty
skeleton webservice that would be working in .NET!!!!

input: WSDL file of the webservice (quite complicated,
with complex types in return)

output: webservice in ASP .NET that works - i.e. method
calls are returning something or noething - I can fill
them with functionality.

is there a method to do it, some trick? some wizard? some
helper program?

yours sincerely, Edward.

1 Answer

Sami Vaaraniemi

"Edward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello dear Group!
>
> I need very much to create an ASP .NET webservice out of
> a WSDL file - it is enough if I would have just empty
> skeleton webservice that would be working in .NET!!!!
>
> input: WSDL file of the webservice (quite complicated,
> with complex types in return)
>
> output: webservice in ASP .NET that works - i.e. method
> calls are returning something or noething - I can fill
> them with functionality.
>
> is there a method to do it, some trick? some wizard? some
> helper program?
>
> yours sincerely, Edward.

Hi,

Try wsdl.exe /server <path or URL to WSDL file>. This will generate code for
an abstract web service class with web methods that correspond to the WSDL.
You'll need to derive a class from this abstract class and implement the
body for the abstract methods yourself.

Regards,
Sami