sorting the web service functions

Caspy

6/9/2004 3:12:00 PM

I have about 50 functions in my ASP.NET web service function. When open the
web service (the service1.asmx file) in internet explorer, these functions
are listed in no order. It's very inconvenient to search and test a specific
function. How to let these function listed in alphabetical order by name? is
there any way to contro lthe list order?

Thanks,

--Caspy

1 Answer

Michel Meyer

A file called DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx in directory
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG is used to display the
WebMethod list

Just change this line of code at line 1285

Hashtable methodsTable = new Hashtable();
with
SortedList methodsTable = new SortedList();

You also can copy this file and put it in your site. In the Web.Config file
add following entry where href is the path to your custom
DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx file where you can also change the look and
feel:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<webServices>
<wsdlHelpGenerator
href="wsdlHelpGenerator/DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx"/>
</webServices>

Regards
Michel