MS

6/7/2004 2:32:00 PM

is it possible to invoke an hour glass in my asp .net application when I
invoke a user action such as clicking a button.
I've tried putting "Document.style.cursor=Wait" in the beginning of the
JavaScript function and changing the cursor back to "Default" at the end,
but of no use.

My problem is that the cursor is changing to the hour glass only after the
entire function gets executed, which makes the purpose nullified. Please let
me know what I can do in this aspect or is there any way I can forcefully
invoke the hour glass (or at least some flashy progress bar) immediately
after I click the button.

1 Answer

Cowboy

You can place on JavaScript that changes to hourglass, then run the rest of
the code, then change it back. It is also possible to place a "waiting"
layer up for the user and then have client side script make the layer
invisible.

There is not much else you can do, as you are running all code on the client
side.

BTW< some of the groups you have crossposted are really not on topic.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!