Re: [Urgent] Is there a size limit on returning a large dataset or a large typed array from web service?

Christian Boult

6/1/2004 5:43:00 AM

Just beware returning large datasets will use up ALOT of memory because of
the way it seems to perform the serialization. From what I read it create a
large amounts of small objects that will end up taking alot of memory. Even
with a large memory base you might hit OutOfMemory exceptions. You can
probably go around it by writing the the dataset to file (WriteXml) and
having the client downloading that file and reading it in (ReadXml) after.

Chris.