ven

5/31/2004 11:54:00 PM

hello

i`m making a web service based on .net..... i use web matrix to make pages
and code in vbscript... my web pages have .aspx extension and everybody who
have access to server may read my code from this files.... maybe there is
somethin to make a dll or ??? from aspx files that allow to hide my code
from other people ???

thanks

VEN

1 Answer

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

If you have aspx then it is not webservices you are building. it is web
pages (web forms) .

To hide your code, you can make an ASPX like this:
<%@ Page Language="C#"
Inherits="HideCodePage"
Debug="true"
Trace="false"
%>

And then define the class denoted by "Inherits=" like this:

using System;
public class HideCodePage : System.Web.UI.Page {
private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {
Trace.Write(">> hidecode.cs: Page_Load()");
Response.Write("\nHello, from hidecode.<br/>");
Response.Write("\nIt is now <font size='+1' color='blue'>" +
System.DateTime.Now + "</font><br/>\n");
}
}

Compile the above into a DLL, and install it into the webapp's bin
directory.

But this won't completely solve the problem. Assemblies can be decompiled.
All this would do is make it a little more difficult to view the code.

-Dino