Re: COM instantiation hangs in web method

Teemu Keiski

5/30/2004 4:31:00 PM

Do you get any specific error message?

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice....

"Amyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a web service running on localhost. In this web method I am
instantiating a COM object as follows:

> dim obj as New MyCOMObject 'The dll for the COM object is registered on
localhost (using regsvr32) and is in C:\ root

> When I test this web service from a VB script client (which prepares a
SOAP request using MSXML XMLHTTP object), all works fine and I get a result
(SOAP request returns successfully with the expected result value, an order
number)
> But when I call this web service in a web form client, it hangs. So, I
debugged the web service, I step through it and see that the call hangs at
above line where it tries to create an instance of COM object.