comp.lang.java.programmer

J2ME JSR 172 Web services + byte[]

Kristian Lier Selnæs

4/30/2016 6:56:00 PM

Hi!

I've created a web service which will be consumed using a mobile client (J2ME +
JSR 172). I need to send bytestreams between the client and the server, i.e the
server has the following methods: sendFile(byte[] file) and byte[]
getFile(String filename).

According to the standard, a byte[] should be mapped to base64Binary or
hexBinary in the WSDL. This is indeed the case for my service (its mapped to
base64Binary). However, when I try to generate a stub for the service, using
the stub generator in Sun's Wireless Toolkit, I get the following output:
error: Found unknown simple type: byte[]

Here is a snippet from the WSDL i use:
<complexType name="sendFile">
<sequence>
<element name="sessionID" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
<element name="file" type="xsd:base64Binary"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>
The stub is generated without a problem when I remove the element named "file".
Changing base64Binary to hexBinary produces the same error.

Any explanation will be appreciated!

Regards,
Kristian Selnæs
1 Answer

Daniel

On Sep 11, 1:49 pm, Tim Crowley <timmyturm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 11, 6:29 am, Daniel <sabot12...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 9, 3:06 pm, The China Blue Lagoon <chine.b...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Obama was president in December 2008?
>
> > President-elect,
>
> Buahahahahaha..  And Danny The Liar is do dumb he doesn't understand
> he just made the case for his opponent.
>
> hint: you lied about serving the military.  Nothing you ever say will
> have any meaning.

Funny, you claim I lied, yet you have never provided one shred of
evidence to support this claim.

Prove the LES I posted 3 separate times is a lie, do it right here
----->