microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Adding new user to database from Web registraton

xfile

5/1/2004 3:55:00 AM

**** I double posted to Access forum since I don't know which one is the
right one, sorry!!!!****

Hi:

I recently downloaded some ASP pages with Access database verifying and
adding Web site users.

I managed to make most of them work except for the last step of adding new
registrant to the database and return for an "anewmember.asp"

This is basically how those codes works:

(1) Login.asp: Login screen for registered user to type in their ID and
password. Data will be sent to "Member.mdb" for verification. If passed,
it will redirect to another page. If not, it will return to the
registration form again. This part has no problem. There are sample data
in the database, and if I typed the correct one, I will be directed to the
protected page. If not, I will be redirected to another registration form.

***I guess this meant that the database - Member.mdb can be read if I can
check on its data***

(2) Signup: This is the problem. After filled out registration form and
pressed "Submint," it will be redirected to a "Confirm.asp" where user can
confirm all information and if right, click "Confimr" to process the data
and upon completion, an "anewmember.asp" will be displayed.

Here is the error message after pressed "Confirm button"
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]¤@ 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN
for process 0xca4 Thread 0xa10 DBC 0x16745f4 Jet'¡C

/0501-Product/Membership/addnewmember.asp, line25

Here is codes from line 24-26

Line 24: set my_conn= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Line 25: my_Conn.Open ConnString
Line 26: set rscheck = my_conn.Execute ("Select email from member where
email='" & email & "'")

Many thanks in advance!!!

2 Answers

Net55

Make sure the the database and folder are read/write

Net55
net55@frontpagewiz.com
http://www.frontp...

error '80004005'

------

>Here is codes from line 24-26
>
>Line 24: set my_conn= Server.CreateObject
("ADODB.Connection")
>Line 25: my_Conn.Open ConnString
>Line 26: set rscheck = my_conn.Execute ("Select email
from member where
>email='" & email & "'")

>Many thanks in advance!!!
>

>.

+FarmerPickles

i dont see where you have the name and path of the DB in the script, unless
i am missing something.
Jeff