microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

problems posting a word document on a web page

Jp

4/30/2004 3:00:00 PM

I want to post a word document onto a web page. I copied the document to a
folder set it as read only, then added a button onto a web page that linked
to the document.
This works fine, except when i go to hit back, it asks for a user and
password. If i hit cancel it gets me back, but how do i make it so the
user/password does not show up?

7 Answers

Kevin Spencer

Don't "copy... to a folder." Import it into your web.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

<jp> wrote in message news:M-idnekzuIWV9w_dRVn-gg@adelphia.com...
> I want to post a word document onto a web page. I copied the document to a
> folder set it as read only, then added a button onto a web page that
linked
> to the document.
> This works fine, except when i go to hit back, it asks for a user and
> password. If i hit cancel it gets me back, but how do i make it so the
> user/password does not show up?

Nashton

On 3/29/11 3:59 PM, ERIC wrote:
> But, but, but............let's not be too hasty in drawing conclusions;
> perhaps there are some still out there who haven't completely rolled up
> their shirt sleeves ****as far as possible*****. When these slackards are
> found out, denounced and made to properly roll up their sleeves, then I am
> sure that the S&P downgrading will be reconsidered.

Finally, some participation from you in this group. Nothing to shake a
stick at, just some cheap shots and badly needed support for ADR, but
better than posting and running.

--
"There is not chance in hell that the government will get
access to a persons' account that has moved the his/her

The naive ADR on Swiss accounts.

"Of course, they will be great Greek patriots who will fight on -and
eventually win-. In the meantime, I will stay with some proud people,
the Irish (since I have a great emotional connection with the place
and dear memories) "

ADR taking another emotional tantrum, takin g his marbles and going home.

"Palestinian rockets killed only a few rats in Israel"

Another "lesson" on current events from ADR

"I am always right, I am never wrong and you can't deal with it"

ADR and is God like infallibility

"When there are commentaries in the Wall Street Journal calling for the
replacement of this ridiculous government, you know we have reached
the end of the road"

ADR and the credence he places on ...magazines concerning the rise or
fall of a govt.

"That's impossible. For the news of the fire to travel from Rome to
Actium and for the Nero to sail back to Rome it would take many more
days than the fire lasted. Nero would have arrived just to see
smoking ashes."

For ADR, Actium = Antium
Ti Lozanh, ti Kozanh.

"This totally laughable and it shows
that you are smoking something powerful.
Have you tried to install a
DSL line at home in Greece lately?"

ADR on broadband penetration in Greece.

"These radiation level are just within certain areas of the reactor.
Let's not overblow the whole thing. Provided that the plant is
finally secured and cleaned, this radiation level will decline quite
quickly (depending on the actual elements that provide the
radiation)."

ADR forgetting about the plutonium, offers his in depth
analysis of the nuclear reactor crisis in Japan.

ADR

On Mar 29, 1:35 pm, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> On 3/29/11 3:59 PM, ERIC wrote:
>
> > But, but, but............let's not be too hasty in drawing conclusions;
> > perhaps there are some still out there who haven't  completely rolled up
> > their shirt sleeves  ****as far as possible*****.  When these slackards  are
> > found out, denounced and made to properly roll up their sleeves, then I am
> > sure that the S&P downgrading will be reconsidered.
>
> Finally, some participation from you in this group. Nothing to shake a
> stick at, just some cheap shots and badly needed support for ADR, but
> better than posting and running.

Let's see when you are going to contribute anything else that smears
and insults.

Nashton

On 3/29/11 8:40 PM, ADR wrote:
> On Mar 29, 1:35 pm, Nashton<n...@na.ca> wrote:
>> On 3/29/11 3:59 PM, ERIC wrote:
>>
>>> But, but, but............let's not be too hasty in drawing conclusions;
>>> perhaps there are some still out there who haven't completely rolled up
>>> their shirt sleeves ****as far as possible*****. When these slackards are
>>> found out, denounced and made to properly roll up their sleeves, then I am
>>> sure that the S&P downgrading will be reconsidered.
>>
>> Finally, some participation from you in this group. Nothing to shake a
>> stick at, just some cheap shots and badly needed support for ADR, but
>> better than posting and running.
>
> Let's see when you are going to contribute anything else that smears
> and insults.

Did you have a difficult time reading the plethora of statistics I have
provided over and over and over again?
Perhaps someone within...driving distance can explain them to you.

--

On Mar 29, 6:46 pm, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:

> Did you have a difficult time reading the plethora of statistics I have
> provided over and over and over again?
> Perhaps someone within...driving distance can explain them to you.

When was that Nashton? When you were asleep? Why don't you reference
these statistics and all the other soooooo superb contributions that
you made to this discussion? Let's see it!!

Nashton

On 3/29/11 11:28 PM, ADR wrote:
> On Mar 29, 6:46 pm, Nashton<n...@na.ca> wrote:
>
>> Did you have a difficult time reading the plethora of statistics I have
>> provided over and over and over again?
>> Perhaps someone within...driving distance can explain them to you.
>
> When was that Nashton? When you were asleep? Why don't you reference
> these statistics and all the other soooooo superb contributions that
> you made to this discussion? Let's see it!!

It doesn't work that way. When data is presented, you ignore it and run
away with your tail between your hind legs (just as in a previous thread
where I demonstrated why German investors prefer Slovakia over Greece
for investing by using indicators that are valid from valid sources).
For all I know I may be completely off base and wrong, but I did make an
effort to be intellectually honest and back up my sources, as opposed to
you and your sock puppet jones (I know he's your sock, don't deny it).

Since you're the one making the claim that I don't use valid data and
fail to cite my sources, *you* are under the obligation to demonstrate
clearly where I didn't cite the info and the opinion I provided.

An opinion is only as good as the sources used to formulate it.

You lose again.

--

On Mar 30, 4:47 pm, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> On 3/29/11 11:28 PM, ADR wrote:
>
> > On Mar 29, 6:46 pm, Nashton<n...@na.ca>  wrote:
>
> >> Did you have a difficult time reading the plethora of statistics I have
> >> provided over and over and over again?
> >> Perhaps someone within...driving distance can explain them to you.
>
> > When was that Nashton?  When you were asleep?  Why don't you reference
> > these statistics and all the other soooooo superb contributions that
> > you made to this discussion?  Let's see it!!
>
> It doesn't work that way. When data is presented, you ignore it and run
> away with your tail between your hind legs (just as in a previous thread
> where I demonstrated why German investors prefer Slovakia over Greece
> for investing by using indicators that are valid from valid sources).

I cannot believe that you so thick. The only number you provided was
a ranking on "ease of doing business" which includes quite a number of
variables. In fact, your use was so "cherry-picked" and so idiotic,
it was not worth answering in the first place. I am not like you,
going in every thread and sniffing around to see if you have posted
anything. And frankly, I do not give a damn about your opinions.

So, if you look at the numbers, yes, Slovakia has a "lower" (better)
score than Greece but it only gets it because it gets very low (very
good) marks in registering property and obtaining credit, none of
which are terribly relevant in foreign investments (German businesses
trying to invest in Greece would certainly not be seeking credit from
Greek banks). It is not really as if I have not talked extensively
about the problems of investment banking in Greece. I really
expounded on this earlier today in my reply to Nestor. So, a
thoughtful person would have looked at the categories and picked the
ones that are relevant to foreign investments. In many other
categories, Slovakia is not much better than Greece (and in some, it
is worse). In fact, if you look at China, the only reason that it
gets an aggregate score higher than that of Greece is because of its
very low score of enforcing contracts!!

So, to really get into this discussions, you need to have some brains,
which you obviously lack. You cannot even analyze the IMF report in
Greece which was not only panned by me but by many conservative
economists and commentators. But you cannot read a chart or a table
to save your life. You cannot make sense of projections, you do not
understand implications of policies, etc, etc.

So, be thankful that I allow some of your stupid replies to pass
without any comments. Be really thankful.

And stop being obsessed by me. If you want to contribute here, worry
about making some insightful comments about the situation in Greece.

Anyway, feel free now to post your smears, insults and lies