VB6 event handler not firing when .net form shown modally

JimL

11/9/2007 10:36:00 AM

I am taking a few first steps in adding some .net operability to an
existing (huge) VB6 app. (I am not a VB6 programmer).

I have used the Interop Forms Toolkit (V2.0) to create a .net test
form, and I am instantiating that form from the VB6 app.

The .net form raises an event, which is handled in VB6, and this works
fine when the form is shown non-modally. However, if the form is shown
modally, control does not pass to the vb6 event handler.

Can someone explain why this might be, and what I can do (if anything)
to maske it work?

TIA
Jim

54 Answers

al92653

"L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message

> [...]

>>> discussion among presidential candidates about the dollars that
>>> subsidize this occupation and the American diplomatic support that makes
>>> it possible?
>>>
>>> In a society built on the free exchange of ideas, as Walt and
>>> Mearsheimer point out, one answer can be found by looking at the many
>>> self-appointed gatekeepers, such as Abraham Foxman and the
>>> Anti-Defamation League, or Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, who
>>> use their Jewish identity as both a shield and cudgel. They work
>>> diligently to silence those who question ill-conceived policies of the
>>> Israeli and U.S. governments.
>>>
>>> Non-Jewish critics, even former President Carter, are denounced as
>>> anti-Semites. Special ire is reserved for Jewish dissenters, who are
>>> branded as "self-hating" or "marginal," while Muslim and Arab-Americans
>>> are easily smeared and even criminalized with charges of supporting
>>> terrorism.
>>>
>>> Stunned by the stifling of dissent, we decided to start a Web site,
>>> Muzzlewatch, to track the incidents. Just as we launched, Stanford
>>> Middle East Studies Professor Joel Beinin was disinvited from a speaking
>>> engagement at a high school with just 24 hours' notice.
>>>
>>> After an unprecedented campaign of outside interference waged by
>>> Dershowitz, Professor Norman Finkelstein was refused tenure by DePaul
>>> University because of his criticism of U.S.-Israeli policy.
>>>
>>> Palestinian-American anthropologist Nadia Abu El-Haj is fighting a
>>> political campaign to deny her tenure at Barnard.
>>>
>>> Even Walt and Mearsheimer, who are getting plenty of exposure, couldn't
>>> have asked for better proof of their point that the lobby works to
>>> stifle dissent when an embarrassed head of the Chicago Council on Global
>>> Affairs told them that their scheduled speech was canceled. (They did
>>> speak before the World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth on Sept.
>>> 17.) This was apparently because Foxman was not available that day to
>>> "balance" their talk.
>>>
>>> (They had initially been booked by themselves. The talk was not
>>> rescheduled.)
>>>
>>> Many groups that started with the important work of fighting real
>>> anti-Semitism now rely on anti-Semitism to insist that to show one's
>>> love of Jews, one must offer uncritical support to Israel. They are
>>> especially displeased by Jews who believe that enabling Israeli
>>> violations of Palestinian human rights is not good for anyone.
>>>
>>> Unless this atmosphere of intimidation is confronted, Americans will
>>> continue to lack access to information and perspectives necessary to
>>> formulate effective Middle East policies, virtually ensuring that Israel
>>> and the United States will be at war for many years to come.
>>>
>>> 'The Israel Lobby'
>>>
>>> A podcast of Walt and Mearsheimer's presentation is available at
>>> http://podcast.dfwworld.org/2007_09-17_The_Israel...
>>>
>>> Cecilie Surasky is communications director for the Oakland-based Jewish

DoD

> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Benjamin Cramer" <onlythetruth@alltimes.yep> wrote in message
>>> Another good article.
>>>
>>> Thank you for posting it.
>>
>> Spoken like a true flat earth-er.....
>>

>>>Spoken like a true lying zionazi cocksucker!

Spoken like a silly nazi.

L Alpert

al92653 wrote:
> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Benjamin Cramer" <onlythetruth@alltimes.yep> wrote in message
>>> Another good article.
>>>
>>> Thank you for posting it.
>>
>> Spoken like a true flat earth-er.....
>>

>>> Spoken like a true lying zionazi cocksucker!

What was that, woman?

>>> "al92653" <al92653@xyz.com> wrote in message

Gary Renzetti

"DoD" <danskisanjar@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "al92653" <al92653@xyz.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Benjamin Cramer" <onlythetruth@alltimes.yep> wrote in message

>>> Spoken like a true flat earth-er.....

> Spoken like a silly nazi.
Spoken like the stupidest little racist in the n/g. I swear that I've met
smarter stick insects.

DoD

"Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message

> "DoD" <danskisanjar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "al92653" <al92653@xyz.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message

>> Spoken like a silly nazi.

> Spoken like the stupidest little racist in the n/g.

Spoken like the dumb wop that you are.

> I swear that I've met smarter stick insects.

Gee, that was creative.

> "Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "DoD" <danskisanjar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "al92653" <al92653@xyz.com> wrote in message

>>> Spoken like a silly nazi.
>
>> Spoken like the stupidest little racist in the n/g.
>
> Spoken like the dumb wop that you are.

Proof of my statement above.

>> I swear that I've met smarter stick insects.
>
> Gee, that was creative.

Wasn't intented as such, it was just a statement of fact. Nobody expects
creativity from such as yourself Doodo...We know how stupid you are.
But when you're the product of a Yugie rape camp, I guess we can't really
expect a helluva lot, can we?

L Alpert

"Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message

> "DoD" <danskisanjar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "al92653" <al92653@xyz.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message

>> Spoken like a silly nazi.
> Spoken like the stupidest little racist in the n/g. I swear that I've met
> smarter stick insects.

FFS, another 3rd grade tirade from renzshitty.

B'enjamin C'ramer

> "Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "DoD" <danskisanjar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "al92653" <al92653@xyz.com> wrote in message

>>> Spoken like a silly nazi.
>> Spoken like the stupidest little racist in the n/g. I swear that I've met
>> smarter stick insects.
>
> FFS, another 3rd grade tirade from renzshitty.

Weekend release again, fatso?

L Alpert

"B'enjamin C'ramer" <onlytetruth@alltimes.yo> wrote in message

> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "DoD" <danskisanjar@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Spoken like the stupidest little racist in the n/g. I swear that I've
>>> met smarter stick insects.
>>
>> FFS, another 3rd grade tirade from renzshitty.
>
> Weekend release again, fatso?

It looks like you finally got the sheep hind quarters out of your boots for
awhile.

B'enjamin C'ramer

> "B'enjamin C'ramer" <onlytetruth@alltimes.yo> wrote in message
>>
>> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxgmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message

>>> FFS, another 3rd grade tirade from renzshitty.
>>
>> Weekend release again, fatso?
>
> It looks like you finally got the sheep hind quarters out of your boots
> for awhile.

You really get the hump when your criminality and convict status are aired,
don't you fatso.