80131534 error trying to instantiate interop com from asp

Mark

11/8/2007 7:47:00 PM

Hi...

One of my colleagues is have a problem that's driving him crazy.

We have a number of assemblies that expose some C# objects as COM. One
particular one is throwing an 80131534 error on instantiation from an ASP
page. The error message doesn't really say diddly about what it doesn't
like, just that it can't make one of those objects.

We checked the registry, and it looks like it's registered fine. He made a
little vbs script instantiating one of the objects and ran it from cmd, and
that worked fine, so it seems like the plumbing is okay in general.

But we're at a loss why ASP is having trouble instantiating one of these.
Does the old asp engine have a shadow cache somewhere that it could be wedged?

Thanks
Mark

16 Answers

Phil Wilson

I think that's the kind of type initialization error that you get when code
in the constructor fails, so that's where I'd look.
--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]

"Mark" <mmodrall@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi...
>
> One of my colleagues is have a problem that's driving him crazy.
>
> We have a number of assemblies that expose some C# objects as COM. One
> particular one is throwing an 80131534 error on instantiation from an ASP
> page. The error message doesn't really say diddly about what it doesn't
> like, just that it can't make one of those objects.
>
> We checked the registry, and it looks like it's registered fine. He made
> little vbs script instantiating one of the objects and ran it from cmd,
> and
> that worked fine, so it seems like the plumbing is okay in general.
>
> But we're at a loss why ASP is having trouble instantiating one of these.
> Does the old asp engine have a shadow cache somewhere that it could be
> wedged?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

wawang

Hi Mark,

As Phil pointed out, the error is COR_E_TYPEINITIALIZATION, which means a
..NET type failed to initialize.

You can also try to debug the ASP code:

#Mikhail Arkhipov (MSFT)'s WebLog : How to debug classic ASP pages in VS
2005
http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2005/06/24/4...

Regards,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

wawang

Hi Mark,

I'm writing to check the status of this post. Please feel free to let me
know if there's anything else I can help. Thanks.

Regards,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

rst9

Go suck your dalai and fuck your yak.

Zanzibar

On Oct 24, 9:11 am, rst9 <rst9w...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 23, 1:02 am, RichAsianKid <RichAsian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Even the chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee didn't escape
> > kumbaya, politics, let alone Darwin.....
>
> > Enjoy!
>
> >      http://tinyurl.c...
>
> The Nobel Peace Prize is given to promote Western Ideals and against
> dictatorship.

The nobel peace prize is given to promote freedom of views and
opinions, and freedom of opportunities.

rst0wxyz

On Oct 25, 9:38 am, Zanzibar <zanzibar_d...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 24, 9:11 am, rst9 <rst9w...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 23, 1:02 am, RichAsianKid <RichAsian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Even the chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee didn't escape
> > > kumbaya, politics, let alone Darwin.....
>
> > > Enjoy!
>
> > >      http://tinyurl.c...
>
> > The Nobel Peace Prize is given to promote Western Ideals and against
> > dictatorship.
>
> The nobel peace prize is given to promote freedom of views and
> opinions, and freedom of opportunities.

This Nobel Peace Prize is given to promote revolution in China, to
destroy Chinese way of life.

tfkmjk6262

you racist little rent boy - so Chinese are not deserving according to you

"rst9" <rst9wxyz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Go suck your dalai and fuck your yak.

tfkmjk6262

go read charter 08 rent boy - no threat just promise of civilised norms

On Oct 26, 1:37 am, rst0wxyz <rst0w...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 25, 9:38 am, Zanzibar <zanzibar_d...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > The Nobel Peace Prize is given to promote Western Ideals and against
> > > dictatorship.
>
> > The nobel peace prize is given to promote freedom of views and
> > opinions, and freedom of opportunities.
>
> This Nobel Peace Prize is given to promote revolution in China, to
> destroy Chinese way of life.- Hide quoted text -

I think not. China has more than 5000 years of history of culture of
life. It will not be "destroyed" by a mere award of a nobel peace
prize to one of its people.

In so far, in the 5000 years of history in the country, China had not
been destroyed by views and opinions by the ordinary people, but
destroyed by views and opinions by the governments that run it.

The prize in fact gave China an elevated position to promote equal
opportunities on freedom of views and opinions to other ordinary
people as well in a big country, like China.

It can benefit China faster as citizens' feedbacks and opinions will
accelerate China faster in improving the standard of living and the
quality of life of its people, and in raising the standards of
governance of governments at all levels, ie. at central, provincial,
county, and even village level.

China is a large country that it needs the lightning speed of time to
accelerate on those standards of expectations and dreams. In achieving
them, the acceleration can only be achieved from the freedom of views
and opinions from its people.

The vast population of people can provide views and opinions, ideas
and solutions, reforms of justice and resolution, whistleblow on bad
governance and corruptions, enhance human rights, protection of human
lives and animals, etc, etc. The peace prize gave China the strength
to order on it.

rst7

Go suck your dalai and fuck your yak.