(KJ)

11/7/2007 9:33:00 PM

I trying to figure out the best way to scale my COM+ component.

I have a component that accepts messages and performs a ftp using the
data in the message. The ftp library I'm using I found can support up
to 24 concurrent connections.

My question is what should I handle if I have 100 messages come on
the
queue to get better performancee.

Should I

1. Increase the concurrent players to 23 and leave the pool size 1
2 Should I increase the pool size to 2 and set the concurrent players
to 12
3. Any better option

My server has 4 CPU and 8 GB of ram so it should be able to handle
the
best option. I looking for performance.

These two seem to act the same way but I do not know the difference
performance wise like if one uses resources better.

Thanks