Retrieving 32 bit COM from .NET app on x64 Win 2003: error: 80040154 + RPC_E_SERVERFAULT

unknown

I have developed a C# .NET v2.0 application that is using a third party dll
storing a COM ( afaik dll is compiled with FoxPro if it does matter ).
Everything is OK on x32 OS but when running on x64 Win 2003, application
throws

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {GUID HERE}
failed due to the following error: 80040154."

exception ( dll is registered with regsvr32 and I can find its entry in
registry - its InprocsServer32 is pointing to the correct dll )

I have found the following solution to the problem - to rebuild .NET app
with Project platform set to "x86"

http://forums.asp.net/t/11...

After rebuild'ing I haven't got the exc mentioned above, but the application
does not execute correctly anyway.
Just after a COM is tried to be instantiated, an application waits about 30
seconds and then throws

" Exception Message: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))."

on the first try to invoke COM method.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the problem ?

Thanks for Your help!

2 Answers

Hachiroku ????

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:49:13 -0700 (PDT), CUNTICA wrote:

> Gee - whiz, Pisspot, without your updates on Japan where would we be?
>
> (Could you provide updates on how you STD infections are doing - you
> gotta stay away from those toilet seats!)

Indeed!

It's all over the news, and this neurotic idiot, Slimy Jason Pee, tries to
make an "impact" on Usenet with his inane copy & paste trolls! LOL

CUNTICA

" Never mind!"

Don't worry, Pisspot, I "never mind" you!