VB.NET Com Object hosted on Server 2003, VB6 gives permission deni

Saitir

10/25/2007 8:30:00 AM

Ok,

I have to allow some of the .Net work to be available in a VB6 application
we use in house.

On my machine it works fine.

When I deploy the COM object on the server and create the export package and
install that on another developer's machine, he gets "Permission Denied Error
70" whenever he tries to create an instance.

I currently have the

I made the COM object as follows, using Visual Studio 2005;

Started with a COM project.
Set classes as COM and COM visible.
I've strongly named the project.
Each class has specified GUIDs for Class, Interface and Event IDs.

After building, I use regasm to rebuild the tlb and create a reg file.
On the server, as administrator, I run the reg file and create an empty COM+
application. I then add the tlb as a component. All the right classes show
up at this point.

I currently have the appliction's identity set to a user in the
Administrator's group.

Under Roles we have 'AllUsers' with Everyone added.

An export package is then created and installed on the target machine.

I've had this work in the past, so I assume I've broken a step or two along
the way. Help?