Heap Corruption with Reg-Free Interop

zorpox1138

I'm running into the same problem detailed on this group back in July:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop/browse_thread/thread/456848...

My code works after registering my assembly, but when I unregister it
and integrate the manifest I get the heap corruption issue precisely
as described in the other post.

In that thread, a workaround was mentioned (removing "type="win32"'
from the manifest), but that didn't work for me either. Has anyone
had any success with that workaround? Is there a clear writeup of the
workaround available? Perhaps I'm doing it incorrectly.

It was also mentioned by the MS rep that a hotfix was in the works for
this issue. Does anyone know if there's any progress on this? The
issue doesn't seem to be in the public Knowledge Base, so MS Customer
Support couldn't do anything about it when I contacted them.

Thanks!