Developing Office COM Add-In using .Net

roytang@gmail.com

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to ask. If not, kindly
redirect me to the proper forum.

We're working on a COM add-in for office (powerpoint in particular)
using C#.Net. We followed the tutorial in http://support.microsoft.com...

It works fine when developing on a machine with Visual Studio 2005
installed. The problem is when we deploy the program to a clean
machine (using the setup program generated by the wizard), the
additional menu items we create don't appear in Powerpoint - as if the
add-in is not being loaded at all.

I checked the registry, and the add-in is indeed registered under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerPoint\AddIns, and the
Program id there maps to a valid ProgId/CLS_ID pair...I'm not sure
what else to check. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roy