Interop COM versions problem

akomiakov

10/4/2007 10:41:00 AM

Hi all,

I have developed and deployed an application which uses COM object.
So I've added an reference to that COM and hence VS.NET creates
Interop wrapper.
Everything was OK and I deploy my application with Interop assembly
(no primary).

The problem raised when the new compatible version of COM object were
installed on PC. (I'm sure that there is no any change concerning
interface in the new version. Only some internal bug was fixed in
newer COM version.) But looks like my application(which uses the
interop created for previous version) works as it was no new version
of COM installed(the bug present). I'm surprised how it can. I check
registry and yes only newer version of COM object with same GUID is
registered. As I know Interop only wraps interface. So why does my
application sees and works as it was no new version ?

Thanks in advance